The Innocent Chukwuma African NGO Leadership Transition Fellowship Program (ICLTFP) is presently accepting applications for the 2022 fellowship program for Nigerians and youths of other African countries.
The Association for Research on Civil Society in Africa (AROCSA), in collaboration with the Wits Business School’s Centre on African Philanthropy and Social Investment (CAPSI), is pleased to announce the Innocent Chukwuma African NGO Leadership Transition Fellowship Program (ICLTFP), formerly known as the African NGO Leadership Transition Fellowship Program (LTFP). The Ford Foundation is the sponsor of the Fellowship.
AROCSA is teaming with the Centre on African Philanthropy and Social Investment (CAPSI) at the Wits Business School in Johannesburg, South Africa, to deliver the next two editions of the program as part of attempts to further ground the curriculum in the reality of the African experience.
Who Can Apply?
- Founder/Executive Director of an African non-governmental organization (NGO) who is ‘actively’ attempting to transfer away from their NGO/CSO.
- Board approval for a break from employment from March to May 2022.
- The candidate must be over the age of forty (40).
- The candidate must have spent at least ten (10) years in an executive leadership role.
- Candidate must be a full-time paid employee of NGO VI, with medical fitness certification from a recognized physician.
The Innocent Chukwuma African NGO Leadership Benefits
- Stipend is worth $3,000 and covers one month’s worth of living expenses in South Africa.
- A furnished bedroom apartment to be shared with other fellows during the one month of staying in South Africa
- An economy class return ticket to partipating fellow’s home country.
- Travel Health Insurance
How Long Will The Program Last?
Between March and June 2022, this edition of the program will operate for three months.
Applicants must apply for the Fellowship through the AROCSA website’s electronic application platform.
If you are chosen, you will be expected to complete and document a detailed health assessment. Please click here to view the medical form and acquaint yourself with the mandatory medical examinations.