The University of Fort Hare is a vibrant, equitable and sustainable African university, committed to teaching and research excellence at the service of its students, scholars, and the wider community. It seeks to recruit and appoint suitable qualified and experienced candidates for the fixed-term positions below:
About University of Fort Hare
The University of Fort Hare is a public university in Alice, Eastern Cape, South Africa. It was a key institution of higher education for Africans from 1916 to 1959 when it offered a Western-style academic education to students from across sub-Saharan Africa, creating an African elite.
Benefits of Candidate Attorneys Program
- Consult clients and render legal services to indigent communities around Alice and East London.
- Draft pleadings, attend matters at court, and tribunals.
Requirements for Candidate Attorneys Program Qualification
The Candidates will be exposed to a wide range of matters including the provision of legal services to vulnerable communities of Alice and East London.
- LLB degree and Practical Legal Training (PLT) at the School of Legal Practice.
- Candidates must be motivated to work.
- Able to work independently.
- Must possess good oral and written communication skills in English.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Demonstrable passion for Social Justice.
- To consult clients and render legal services to indigent communities around Alice and East London.
- To draft pleadings, attend matters at court, and tribunals.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to University of Fort Hare on www.ufh.ac.za to apply
Interested applicants who meet the criteria are invited to:
- Apply online to www.ufh.ac.za/jobs with a motivation letter, complete CV, copies of qualifications and three work-related referees.
- No faxes or walk-ins (hard copies) will be accepted.
- Applicants are urged to ensure that their applications reach the Human Resources Department before the closing date. Late applications will not be considered.
- Failure to comply with the above directions will result in the application being disqualified.
Note: Correspondence will be conducted with short-listed candidates only.
The University reserves the right NOT to make an appointment.
For more details, visit University of Fort Hare website on https://webapp.placementpartner.com/wi/vacancy/?share_string=forthare_EC000376&id=forthare&vacancy_ref=EC000376&refreshId=64ad01554878b&source=whatsapp