The University of Queensland Liveris Academy Undergraduate Scholarship is available to both domestic and international students who wish to study Computer science and IT, Engineering, Science and mathematics.
This scholarship was established in 2019 by Andrew and Paula Liveris and is maintained by the income generated from an endowed fund.
About The University of Queensland
The University of Queensland (UQ) is one of Australia’s leading research and teaching institutions. We strive for excellence through the creation, preservation, transfer and application of knowledge. For more than a century, we have educated and worked with outstanding people to deliver knowledge leadership for a better world.
Benefits of Liveris Academy Undergraduate Scholarship
$10,000 per annum. You may also receive up to $10,000 for travel support for approved Gap Semester, exchange or internship opportunities.
Requirements for Liveris Academy Undergraduate Scholarship Qualification
You’re eligible if you:
- Will complete, or have completed, year 12 in the two year period prior to the year of the award (2022, 2023)
- Have completed no more than one semester towards the following programs in the year of award:
- Bachelor of Computer Science
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- an engineering integrated program
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Advanced Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Mathematics
- a dual program including one of these programs; or
- Have not undertaken any tertiary study at Bachelor level or high prior to enrolling in the approved program (special studies not included)
- Do not hold another scholarship that the Director considers to be similar.
Interview date, Process and Venue for Liveris Academy Undergraduate Scholarship
- Evidence of academic achievement in courses undertaken in Year 12 and/or in an approved program
- Quality of the short video and essay
- Evidence of personal qualities including:
- leadership potential, community service and/or engagement
- alignment with the graduate attributes of the Liveris Academy on https://liveris-academy.uq.edu.au/
- demonstrated commitment to academic excellence
- demonstrated capacity and willingness to actively participate in, and positively contribute to, co-curricular activities at UQ
- demonstrated strength of interest in undertaking co-curricular developmental activities through the Liveris Academy
- Any other matter the selection committee considers to be relevant to your future success at UQ and in your subsequent career.
What happens next
We’ll acknowledge your application by email. If you have not received an email within 2 days of applying, email email@example.com
If you’re considered eligible, we’ll forward your application to a selection panel to review.
If you’re selected, we will notify you in writing to organise an interview.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to The University of Queensland on www.studenthub.uq.edu.au to apply
Apply using the online application form.
You’ll also be asked to prepare a short video that’s no longer than 1 minute, and to respond to a few short answer questions to demonstrate how you meet the selection criteria for this scholarship.
Use our tips for putting together a great application to help you through this process.
For more details, visit University of Queensland website on https://scholarships.uq.edu.au/scholarship/liveris-academy-undergraduate-scholarship