Securing a job in an oil company like ‘Chevron’ has been the dream of many graduates, and it can be likened to having a gold mine all to yourself. Imagine having a gold mine? That would give you a full assurance of the most expensive lifestyle in Nigeria. A job at Chevron will guarantee you a fantastic salary, the likes of which only a few other companies can pay in Nigeria. And this is not without saying that such companies that will pay the salary like Chevron must come from the oil industry as well. This is where the likes of Exxon-Mobil, Shell and LNG comes in. Here we shall look at the Chevron salary structure in Nigeria.
Being an oil company, Chevron’s employment is very wide. The company doesn’t employ only scientists but graduates from almost all disciplines to take up roles that a peculiar to the description of the job advertised. Thus, even if you study accountancy, psychology, marketing or economics, you stand a chance of getting a job at Chevron once they have a need for your services. It is important to note, however, that engineers get paid more handsomely than the non-engineers.
If there are any companies in Nigeria that pays good salary, then Chevron is one with no argument. The company pays up to N500,000 net and N800,000 monthly. The staff remuneration in dollars is between $60,766 and $173,455.
Chevron Engineers salary structure
At Chevron, engineers get the highest salary compared to other professions in the company. The reason for this is that they do some of the most difficult tasks, making them the front liners. The entry level staff receives between N150,000 and N500,000 every month in Nigeria.
Chevron Geoscientist Salary Structure
Geoscientist are the one in charge of locating oil and gas reserves under the earth’s surface. They also have the responsibility of mapping the underground rock formations, logging and analyzing data and collecting samples. Their entry level salary range is between N100,000 and N300,000. The senior geoscientists get paid between N500,000 and N3,000,000 per month.
Job positions at Chevron and their (yearly) salary in USD
- Petroleum Engineer at Chevron eaens $121,917 per annum.
- Drilling Engineer at Chevron earns $127,373 per annum.
- Geologist at Chevron earns $99,601 per annum.
- Process Engineer at Chevron earns $93,147 per annum.
- Financial Analyst at Chevron earns $87,889 per annum.
- Reservoir Engineer at Chevron earns $128,741 per annum.
- Facilities Engineer at Chevron earns $90,947 per annum.
Chevron salary based on educational qualification
- Master of science – $82,000 – $131,000 per annum.
- Bachelor of Engineering – $87,000 – $195,000 per annum.
- Bachelor of Business – $52,000 – $105,000 per annum.
- Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering (BSME) – $73,000 – $120,000 per annum.
- Bachelor of Science (BS/BSc) – $73,000 – $130,000 per annum.
If you are lucky to get a job at Chevron, your life can only get better, because there is room for promotion and that comes with salary increment which is a wonderful thing. Chevron gives its staff one of the best care and treatment in the Nigerian job industry.