Domicile Letter for Married Female NYSC Members

It is no news that the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) has requested every married female Prospective Corps Member (PCM) who seek concessional deployment to provide their husbands’ domicile letters, along with other necessary documents. You may like to read NYSC registration requirements for married women.

What is a Domicile Letter?

A domicile letter is an official certification of your residential address obtained from your Local Government Council. For married Corpers, NYSC mandates obtaining this letter from the Local Government where their husbands reside.

Recognizing the importance of keeping married couples together, NYSC encourages married female members to serve in the same area where their husbands reside through “Concessional deployment.”

So, to determine the exact location of their husbands, the management requires every married female Corper to produce their husbands’ domicile letters. The domicile letter serves as proof of the husband’s residential address and must be uploaded during online registration. This enables NYSC to post them to the exact location where their husbands reside.

How to Get a Domicile Letter for NYSC Concessional Deployment

Obtaining a domicile letter is straightforward. Visit the local government where your husband resides and request a domicile letter for him.

It’s advisable to go with your husband or have him obtain it, as there might be specific information required that you may not be aware of. Please note that requirements vary between local governments, so visit the local government where your husband resides to inquire about domicile letter requirements.

Tips for Married Corpers

1. Do not forge a Domicile letter – Verifying authenticity is easy for NYSC, and forgery could jeopardize concessional deployment opportunities.

2. Have your husband obtain the domicile letter for you or accompany him.

3. Get the domicile letter from where your husband currently resides.

4. Upload the Domicile letter during NYSC online registration and take the uploaded copy to the orientation camp.

5. If not deployed to where your husband resides, apply for redeployment on marital grounds at the NYSC orientation camp.

6. Provide accurate information or be consistent in your statements – Discrepancies in information supplied to NYSC can affect concessional deployment opportunities.

7. Check other required documents for married female Corpers.

Updated: December 4, 2023 — 08:20


Add a Comment
  1. Obiri Tare-ebi blessing

    Is domicile letter same thing with local govt identification

  2. My wife was asked to pay 22k just yesterday by a man in Kosofe LGA. Just imagine. It pains me that I am not around to handle this myself.

  3. What do you mean it’s easy to get when one has to pay 5k for it

  4. Adegboyega Lydia Bukola

    Can I get a domicile letter from my husband working place

  5. can my husband’s employer write a letter of Domicile instead of going to pay 6200 for domicile?

  6. Ayilaran SANUSI Felicia

    Am married but lost my marriage certificate while pack from one place to another have change my name in newspaper what can I do

  7. please I did not get the information right from the onset i uploaded every other documents but did not upload a domicile letter, i took it for recommendation letter from husbands place of work, what do I do

  8. Hello is domicile letter compulsory for registration for married woman

  9. I was told to pay 6k for d domicile latter

  10. Thanks for that post. What about marriage certificate. I haven’t wedded my wife.

  11. Adeboyejo Mosunmade Mary

    Hello sir, pls I need u to reply me on this. Sir, concerning about the domicile letter, does it requires payment bcus the last time I visited the man I saw asked me to pay amount of 10k. What should I do sir?.

    1. The man is a criminal. You may pay but not up to 10k. It can be something like 1k

      1. I was told to pay 6k

      2. My wife was even asked to pay 22k at Kosofe LGA. Just imagine pure wickedness of the highest order.

  12. Please what are the requirements for relocation for married women after the 3weeks orientation camp?

    1. The same documents that are required from married women for registration, read this article NYSC Registration Requirements For Married Women

  13. we changed our place of residence and husband’s voter’s card is bearing our formal address.what will i do

  14. pls I did my domicile in high court, will nysc accept it?

    1. It is left to NYSC to decide

  15. hello, I got Married this year but my question is without my husband domicile letter,wont I b posted to his place of residence? Secondly when registering online for Nysc, am I to use my new name or the former since the name uploaed in the Senate list is my former name?

    1. You need domicile letter to be posted to where your husband live

  16. Hello my husband said he don’t want me to do change of name pls will nysc post me to where my husband reside or not because of that?

    1. Yes, but you need to obtain change of name newspaper publication

  17. Ajibola Oluwatobi

    Please i registered for service last batch, but was posted to katsina,so i couldn’t go cus of my condition den, i uploaded all d documents required as a married woman but didn’t include my husband domicile letter den.please how do i go about it if i want to revalidate?

  18. Hi,I got married dis year at ikoyi but my husband is nt a Nigeria base. How am I to go abt it if I wnt to serve in lagos.

    1. If you can prove to NYSC that your husband reside in Lagos, they will post you to Lagos.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *