Enel Foundation and Sustainable Energy for All (SEforALL) is happy to launch the Open Africa Power program designed to enable women and youth to take the initiative in leading Africa’s transition to sustainable energy, is something that the.
Since 2018, Open Africa Power has equipped a group of young energy experts with the full set of technical, governmental, and commercial know-how required to launch a sustainable energy future for all of Africa. This year, the program will involve up to 150 African students—at least 50% of whom will be women—and close to 400 Alumni in a variety of leadership and professional development activities offered in collaboration with major African and Italian academic institutions.
Online and on-campus courses from universities like the University of Cape Town, Politecnico di Torino, Politecnico di Milano, SDA Bocconi, Florence School of Regulation, and Venice International University make up Open Africa Power 2023. The Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, our institutional partner, continues to provide substantial support for the program as it has in previous iterations.
Enel Foundation Open Africa Power Program Benefits
- Up to 60 African students and graduates will participate in a variety of leadership and professional development activities through Open Africa Power, including residential training modules in South Africa.
Enel Foundation Open Africa Power Program Requirements
- Be between the ages of 24 and 35 by May 1st, 2023;
- Be a citizen of an African country;
- Currently resident in an African country or planning to relocate in Africa within the end of 2024;
- Be eligible to travel to Italy. All candidates are invited to check well in advance the procedure applicable to their specific case;
- Having graduated by May 1st, 2023 from a PhD, MSc, LLM, MPP or MBA degree. Undergraduate students, people with only a BSc degree or people who are currently enrolled in a master’s degree (i.e. Graduate students) are not eligible for this program. At least one degree (PhD, MSc, BSc, LLM, MPP or MBA) must be from an African University;
- Have competences and a demonstrated interest to pursue a career – in private or public sector – in the electricity space at large;
- Be fully proficient in English (CEFR C1 level), and be able to demonstrate this via an official language certificate or completion of at least one degree completely taught in English;
- Willingness to promote gender equality and women´s empowerment within and beyond the programme.
Enel Foundation Open Africa Power Program Interview, Process & Venue
Program General Structure
• Digital African Module: State of the Art and Capstone Project (May – June)
• Regulation for SDG7 Online Course (May – October)
• Italian Module: New Frontiers (January – March 2024)
• Give back module. Upon completion of the Italian module, The entire cohort of alumni will be involved in knowledge sharing activities in cooperation with Enel Foundation.
Documents Required for Application
- A copy of their CV (in PDF format);
- Copy of their Bachelor’s and Master’s degree certificates (plus eventual MBA/PhD certificates) AND academic transcripts (in PDF format);
- A copy of their Passport (in PDF format);
- A motivation letter (max 700 words, in PDF format);
- Three reference letters from industry, academia and/or civil servant representatives (in PDF format).
How to Apply
Applications are to be filed through our dedicated platform exclusively, using the verification code (OAPF2325). For the best outcomes in terms of platform stability and dependability, we strongly encourage you to begin and complete your application on both Google Chrome and a desktop environment. To start the process, click the link and copy-paste the above-written code.