Are you a member of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC)? If ‘yes’, you can apply for farmers for the future (F4F) Grant, an agricultural entrepreneurship initiative created to provide grant to support the youths with viable Agric Business with equity free fund and other necessary support they may need to become successful in their business. Check out how to Apply for NYSC Business Loan.
The project is an initiative of the British American Tobacco Nigeria Foundation (BATNF) in collaboration with the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), targeted at currently serving NYSC members; as part of BATNF’s drive to support and encourage young people in sustainable agriculture practice.
Objectives of F4F Grant
Below are the objectives of the scheme;
- To make agri-business attractive.
- Reduce the rate of youth unemployment.
- Encourage youth engagement in Agri-culture.
- Youth development.
- Youth Empowerment
Benefit of the program
- Got linkage to financial firms and investors for follow on financing and credit facilities.
- Winners will get technical support to establish their agri-business in Nigeria.
- Free mentorship under seasoned entreprenuers and Agric Experts
- Gain membership of the F4F alumni network
- Be able to participate in other partner-drive training programs
Stages of Competition
- Apply online. The online application portal will be available for you to submit your applications.
- Twenty (20) Selected businesses will go through a rigorous virtual bootcamp where they will refine their business thesis and build a compelling pitch.
- Top ten (10) businesses from the bootcamp will pitch before a panel of expert judges and investors. Three winners will be selected.
- Three (3) Winners will be given financing to execute and expand their businesses under the guidance of seasoned mentors. They will also be connected to the relevant networks they require to make progress
- Continue to enjoy exclusive access to Farmers For The Future Alumni mentorship, insider opportunities and a robust support network that will open doors to follow on financing, new markets, etc.
How to apply for Farmers For The Future Grant