The Government of Nigeria, on Monday, September 6, opened the application portal for the Nigerian Jubilee Fellows Programme (NJFP) to employ 20,000 graduates yearly.
The application portal will remain open from September 6 to October 20, 2021.
Nyscinfo reported last week that President Muhammadu Buhari officially flagged off post-NYSC job (NJFP).
The programme is the federal government’s youth empowerment initiative in partnership with the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), aimed at reducing the rising unemployment rate in the country, as well as the COVID-19 pandemic which has negatively impacted Nigerian youths in getting a job.
The programme is targeted to equip Nigerian graduates with practical knowledge and relevant skills for a 12-month period, and to connect them with local job opportunities in various sectors.
The sectors include;
- Information and communications technology,
- Financial services,
- Agriculture and agro-processing,
- Creative industries and technology,
- Research and development.
NJFP creates three options for beneficiaries upon completion of the fellowship, including retain ship with respective host organisations and entrepreneurship opportunities. And will also provide a platform to compete and access future jobs and employment opportunities.
Requirements for the programme
Interested applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Must be a Nigerian citizen.
- Be a fresh graduate (not earlier than 2017).
- Graduate with at least a second class lower division (2.2).
- Must be at most 30 years.
- Not currently working in any establishment.
- NYSC certificate or exemption letter.
How to Apply