In a significant development in the realm of social safety net programs, the Federal Government has just rebranded the N-Power initiative to the Renewed Hope Skills Acquisition Programme. This transformation comes as a breath of fresh air, promising a brighter future for Nigeria’s youth.
The newly appointed Minister of the Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs and Poverty Alleviation, Dr. Betta Edu, has been tirelessly working to rejuvenate the N-Power program, which had faced criticism for poor management and unpaid stipends of up to 8 months.
Dr. Betta Edu is determined to overhaul and upgrade the program, ensuring that beneficiaries are genuinely empowered and that Nigeria’s youth are actively engaged. Her motto? “No more business as usual!” She’s taking the programs directly to those in need, leaving no room for complacency.
In line with President Tinubu’s directive to revamp the social safety net programs, Dr. Betta Edu has announced key appointments to her team. These individuals will play vital roles in implementing President Bola Tinubu’s Renewed Hope Agenda, which aims to alleviate humanitarian crises and eradicate multi-dimensional poverty in Nigeria.
Here are the appointed leaders who will be at the forefront of this transformative journey:
- National Coordinator NASSCO – Hon Abdulaziz Danladi
- National Cash Transfer Office NCTO: Head of the office – Dr. Micheal Ajuluchukwu
- NCTO Deputy Head of Office – Dr. Janet Ekpenyong
- National Programme Manager, Youth Empowerment and Social Support Operations (YESSO) – Richard Romanus
- National Communication Manager NSIP – Hon Jamalu Kaburu
- National Programme Manager, Renewed Hope Shelter Programme for Refugees, Poor and Internally Displaced Persons – Hon Chidinma Makuachukwu
- National Programme Manager, Grant For Vulnerable Groups – Hon Thalis Apalowo
- Programme Manager, At Risk Children Programme – Hajia Salia Sanusi Yusuff
- National Programme Manager, National Homegrown School Feeding Programme (Renewed Hope Home Grown School Feeding and End Hunger Programme) – Hon Mrs. Obande
- Government Enterprise and Empowerment Programme (Renewed Hope MSME Loan Programme) – Hon Dr. Joseph Nkang.
- Programme Manager – N-Power Programme (Renewed Hope Skills Acquisition Programme) – Dr. Akindele Adekunle Egbuwalo
- Renewed Hope IDP Refugees Out of School Programme (National Alternate School Programme) – Dr. Mrs. Etcheri Ansa
- National Project Manager, Community and Social Development Programme – Hon Olubunmi Bello
Dr. Betta Edu will continue to lead as the Chairman of the National Social Safety Net Coordinating Office (NASSCO) Management Team. Hon Abel Enitan, the Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs and Poverty Alleviation, will serve as the Secretary of NASSCO Management team.
The Minister’s message to the newly appointed leaders is clear: Bring your wealth of experience to bear in your new roles, as there’s no room for excuses or failure. Together, they will actualize the Renewed Hope mandate and propel Nigeria forward into a brighter future….Read More