Connect with us

NYSC Library

NYSC Requirements For Registration Of Foreign -Trained Graduates

A foreign-trained Nigerian graduate is a Nigerian citizen who has successfully completed his or her course of study outside the shores of Nigeria, and has been awarded an undergraduate or first academic degree. Such person is allowed to participate in the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) if he or she, in addition, can produce all the requirements highlighted below.

A. Academic Qualifications

The originals and photocopies of the following documents are needed for NYSC registration and mobilization of foreign-trained Nigerian graduates

1. First Degree Certificate: It must be a university degree or HND

2. Official transcript of Certificate: This must be complete transcription of First Degree or HND certificate.

3. Mark sheet: Mark sheet is required from only those who studied in Indian universities.

4. O’level Certificate: O’ level certificate is needed for every foreign-trained graduates. They must produce any of the following: WAEC, NECO, SSCE, NABTEB, IGCE, GCSE, High School Diploma for those schooled in USA or its equivalents.

NOTE: NYSC does not accept on-line print-out results in place of original certificate

  • Candidates must obtain credit pass in five(5) subjects. English and Mathematics are must, then any other three(3) subjects to make it five (5) in not more than two(2) sittings.
  • Persons who did a ‘top up’ programme are required to upload their foundation certificate i.e. APTECH, OND, NIIT, INFORMATICTS etc
  • Medical Doctors and Optometrists are required, in addition, to provide evidence of completion of housemanship, registration certificate with the medical and dental council of Nigeria or Optometrists Association of Nigeria as applicable.
  •  Pharmacists are, in addition, to provide evidence of completion of internship and registration certificate with Pharmacists council of Nigeria.
  • Nurses are to produce original Licence and Certificate of registration with the Nursing/Midwifery council of Nigeria
  • Medical Lab. Scientists are to provide their Licence and certificate of registration with Medical laboratory scientists Council of Nigeria.

NOTE: NYSC does not accept downloaded certificates, transcripts, statement of result and attestation letters.

2. Travel Document: Candidates must have Nigerian International Passports, showing very clearly the following;

  • Entry visa to the country of study
  • First departure date from Nigeria to country of study
  • Date of return to Nigeria after the period of study
  • Data page of the passport

NOTE: Foreign trained graduates with dual nationality are required to up-load data pages of both International passports. The uploaded documents are to be presented in the NYSC camp for verification. In the case where more than one International Passports are used during the period of study, candidates should upload Data pages of all the used International Passports.

  • Residence Permit: This is only required from graduates who studied in Institutions located within West Africa.

3. Loss of International Passport: In the event of loss of international passport, graduates are to obtain the following:

  • Police and Immigration reports from the country where the Passport got lost.
  • Affidavit from a Court
  • Evidence of stay in country of study and a New International Passport
  • Data page of the newly obtained International Passport.

4. Loss of Academic Credentials: In case the where academic credentials are lost, the following are to be obtained:

  • Police Report
  • Affidavit from a Court
  • Confirmation of results from the examination body (for O’level certificates) or the Institution of graduation (for Degree, HND, certificates)

5. All Certificates that are not written in English Language must be translated at the Embassy of the country of study or a University in Nigeria that do the language.

6. Special Note From NYSC:

  • Graduates with Diploma of Higher Education and Higher Certificate of Education are not qualified to participate in the NYSC program. Therefore, there is NO need for them to register.
  • NYSC does not accept; Attestation letter, completion of course letter, or any other similar document in place of Degree or HND Certificate.
  • Statements of results are also not acceptable in place of any original certificate
  • The NYSC Management reserves the right to refer graduates to the Federal Ministry of Education for verification of any institution or document which authenticity is questionable
  • Married women who wish to be posted to where their husbands resides are to provide marriage certificates, domicile letter, Husband’s Identification, e.g. Drivers License, International Passport, National ID Card and evidences of change of name.

All the documents are to be uploaded during on-line registration, and all the uploaded documents are needed in the NYSC camp for physical verification. Thank you

Share this post

Continue Reading
You may also like...


  1. shamsuddeen


    NYSC don’t accept ecowas passport..anymore how can we do it..and some of us lost their ecowas passport only new international passport that carried some of the border stamp…please highlights us sir thank you

  2. Ayeh Joshua Jibrin


    Morning sir, just want to know more about this very platform how do or how go about it.

    • shamsuddeen


      please sir what about us that study in Benin republic…we used ecowas passport and now NYSC don’t collect ecowas…and my international passport is new..I don’t have my first stamp on it…only recent can I do it?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

More in NYSC Library


Recent Posts

Subscribe to Our Newsletter

Enter your email address to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 9,336 other subscribers
To Top