How to check your WAEC result online
If you want to know how to check your WAEC result on, then you are on the right page. The guidelines on this article will put you through.
- 1 What is WAEC?
- 2 How to Check Your WAEC Result Online
- 3 How to check your WAEC result via SMS
- 4 What is a Scratch card?
- 5 Where to get a WAEC Scratch card?
- 6 How many times can I use WAEC scratch card to check my result?
- 7 Is there any other way I can check my WAEC results without using a scratch card?
- 8 Can you use one Scratch Card to check different WAEC results?
- 9 How much is WAEC results check scratch card?
- 10 How much will it cost you to check your result via SMS?
What is WAEC?
WAEC is an acronym for West African Examination Council. It is responsible for conducting the West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) every year.
The main purpose of this article is to give you guidelines on how to check results of any exam conducted by WAEC.
Note: you need to buy WAEC results check scratch card to begin the process.
How to Check Your WAEC Result Online
1. Go to waecdirect.org, right on the home page, you will see a form to check your result.
2. Enter your 10-digit WAEC Examination Number. E.g 5024413516.
3. Select your Examination Year E.g 2019
4. Select your Examination type E.g School candidate results.
5. Enter your Scratch card Serial Number.
6. Enter your scratch card PIN (Personal Identification Number)
7. Click on the “Submit” button.
Once you click on submit, your results will be displayed on the screen.
Now, let me show you how to check your WAEC results via SMS text on any mobile phone.
How to check your WAEC result via SMS
Send WAEC*ExamNo*PIN*ExamYear to 32327 [MTN, Airtel, 9mobile, & Glo subscribers only]
Note: There should be no space. Just adhere strictly to the format. The SMS attracts N30, so make sure you have up to N30 air time on your line.
After sending the message to short-code 32327, your results will be delivered to your phone.
Now let’s look at these common questions and answers.
What is a Scratch card?
A Scratch card is a thick paper made card which contains a PIN covered by silver patch that needs to be scratched-off to reveal the PIN. On the other side of the card, you will see serial number of the card. Both the PIN and Serial number are required to check WAEC results. Another thing you should be aware of is the fact that there are several scratch cards out there, so make sure you buy WAEC result check scratch card.
Where to get a WAEC Scratch card?
You can buy it from WAEC offices, Banks or other outlets. First Bank usually sell it.
How many times can I use WAEC scratch card to check my result?
With one Scratch card, you can check your results up to a maximum of 5 times. If you exhaust the allowable 5 times, you would have to buy another card.
Is there any other way I can check my WAEC results without using a scratch card?
No, you have to purchase the WAEC results check card before you can be able to check your WAEC results.
Can you use one Scratch Card to check different WAEC results?
No, one scratch card is meant for one result. Therefore, if you use a scratch card to check one result, you cannot use it to check another result on different examination number.
How much is WAEC results check scratch card?
The amount varies from distributors. Some vendors buy it from WAEC offices, and then sell it at higher price. But you can get it between N1,000 and N2,000.
How much will it cost you to check your result via SMS?
N30 for SMS charge but remember you still have to buy Scratch even if you opt to check your results via that medium.
If you think this article is helpful, kindly use the share button below to pass it to those that might need it.