How To Use NYSC Biometric Capture Software For Registration
Whether your a Prospective Corps Member (PCM) or a Cyber cafe operator, this post will guide you on how to use NYSC biometric capture software for online registration.
There is no much technicality in using the NYSC biometric print capture software, so stay with us as we take you through.
Also, in this article, you will learn how to solve biometric related problems during NYSC online registration.
In the past, NYSC use browsers for finger print capturing. But now, everything has changed.
Nowadays, you can capture your finger print via “NYSC Biometric Capture Client” during online registration. Don’t be afraid if you don’t have any idea of it, just allow me to take you through the process.
The NYSC biometric capture client lets you take your fingerprints capture without using the browser.
Now, let me show you how to install the NYSC biometric capture client for NYSC online registration.
How to install NYSC biometrics client on computer
Follow the steps below to download and install the NYSC biometric client on your computer;
1. Go to the NYSC biometric client portal at https://nysc.org.ng/biometricclient/launch.htm
2. Download the Pre-requisites file below depending on your system.
3. Click on install to download the setup.exe file
4. Run the downloaded file on your PC and follow the installation guides.
5. When the installation is complete, reboot your computer.
If everything went well, you will see a the biometrics capture icon on your computer. You can ‘doubled click’ on the icon to launch the software and start using.
How to fix common errors during the installation
- Make sure your internet connection service is working well.
- Ensure you are not using internet connection us not using special IP configuration.
- Install prerequisite software for your Windows version. (Download the 32 or 64 bit version as required by your computer).
- It is recommended to install this software on computer that run Windows 7.
Now, that you have the software (NYSC biometric capture client) installed on your computer, let me show you how to use it.
How to use the NYSC biometrics capture client for NYSC online registration
If you have installed the software correctly, below is how to start using it;
1. Any time you run (open) the biometric desktop client, a login form display.
2. Enter the email and password you used for NYSC registration.
3. Click “Login” button. After login, confirm that the information showing on the software is correct.
4. Plug in your finger print scanner, if you have not done.
5. You can now begin to capture your finger prints with the scanner. Make sure you are using the correct thumb (left or right).
6. After capturing your fingerprints for the first time, repeat the process once again for confirmation.
7. Save your captured fingerprints. You see a message that read as “Congratulations you fingerprints have been captured”.
8. Continue your NYSC registration from the main site at https://portal.nysc.org.ng
Why you should use NYSC Biometrics Desktop client instead of Web browser
You may ask why should should go through the stress of installing the NYSC biometric desktop client when you can your browser.
Well, if you are registering for yourself alone, you can use web client. But if you are a cyber cafe man or wish to register other people, consider using the NYSC biometric capture client.
The reason are as follows;
- You will save time of finding a way to fix numerous errors associated with web client.
- You do not need to install Java. Making it easy to set up.
- You do not need to bother yourself with the security settings
- It works very fast as it takes average of 2 minutes to capture one person.
am a cyber cafe man i have finished installing everything required but once i loged in candidate i will upload the passport successful but it get to thumb print if the person places its finger the thumb sign will not show any sign and it will be indicating tumb print touch and tumb print remove please what will i do for the thumb print to show
Ilo Emmanuel ugochukwu
Good day .
Am 19A with state number AN/19A/2553.
Undergo single bile pass surgeon at UNTH ENUGU last year .
Then apply for medical refund on febuary this year yet have not even receive a stipend till today .pls
Does it mean that refund of medical treatment money is a scam in Nysc ?
Go to the NYSC state secretariat, you can also contact NYSC through this email firstname.lastname@example.org
God bless u sir for ur good work.
I did the correction of my date of birth today through d use of waec verification pin. I was told dat my request has been submitted and waiting for approval.
Please how long will it take for d correction to be effected?
My orientation camp date is April 2nd.
Be patient, there is no specific time.