Following the cancellation of general cut-off marks for admission into tertiary institutions by the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB), some universities have begun to roll out individual’s cut-off marks. In this post, we shall look at the list of universities whose JAMB cut off mark is out for 2021/2022 admission session.
Candidates who sat for 2021 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) can now check if they qualify for admission to their chosen institution.
Kindly note that JAMB has given schools freedom to set their own minimum mark for admission. JAMB made the decision during 2021 policy meeting, chaired by the Minister of Education, Adamu Adamu.
The JAMB registrar, Prof. Ishaq Oloyede while listing some universities that have released their cut-off mark, said: “Institutions now get liberty to decide cut-off marks. JAMB will not set cut-off marks again.”
List of universities that have released JAMB cut-off marks
Below is the list of Institutions that have released cut off mark for 2021/2022 admission:
1) University of Maiduguri cut of mark is 150,
2) Usman Dan Fodio University cut of mark is 140,
3) University of Sokoto cut of mark is 140
4) Pan Atlantic University cut of mark is 210
5) University of Lagos cut of mark is 200
6) Lagos State University cut of mark is 190
7) Covenant University cut of mark is 190
8) Bayero University, Kano cut of mark is 180, but cut-off marks for some programmes vary as follows:
- Faculty of Allied Health Sciences – 200,
- Faculty of Clinical Sciences (MBBS) – 250,
- Faculty of Dentistry – 200,
- Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences – 220,
- Faculty of Law – 220.
Kindly note that cut-off mark for Blind candidates (Only) who applied for admission to the University is 160.
We will update this information when more universities set their cut-off mark for 2021/2021 admission, kindly refresh this rpage later!
Please, share this information with friends and relations on social media. If you have question, go to the comment section below.