Before joining the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS), it is important to know the ranks and how much the agency pays monthly to its officers. So, if you apply for NIS recruitment or perhaps you are nursing the ambition to join the agency, read this post till the end as we walk you through the salary structure of the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS).
The Nigeria Immigration Service is one of the most important paramilitary organizations in Nigeria. Aside from maintaining and ensuring the security of the Nigeria borders, the NIS also makes an important contribution to the Nigerian economy. Most directly, NIS eases immigration to boost economic output by increasing the size of the labor force.
Roles of the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS)
The NIS is a government organisation that is responsible for the management of immigration services in Nigeria. The agency ensures that all persons who wish to leave or enter the country do so in accordance with the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
In addition to its statutory functions, the Nigerian Immigration Service also provides other services, such as Visa issuance and processing, passport issuance and national identity card processing. The NIS employs thousands of workers in a wide range of positions.
Ranks in the Nigeria Immigration Service
There is a hierarchy of ranks in the NIS, that is very similar to that of the Nigerian Armed Forces. Basically, there are eight ranks in the Nigerian Immigration Service, starting with the lowest rank, “Passport Officer (PO)” and ending with the highest rank “Comptroller General Immigration Service (CGIS)“. Below is the list of all the ranks in the Nigeria Immigration Service:
- Passport Officers
- Immigration Assistant (IA)
- Assistant Inspector of Immigration (AII)
- Senior Inspector of Immigration (SII)
- Assistant Superintendent of Immigration (ASI)
- Superintendent of Immigration (AC)
- Assistant Comptrollers General (ACGI)
- Comptrollers General of Immigration (CGI)
What is the monthly salary in the Nigerian Immigration Service (NIS)?
The highest paid in the Nigeria Immigration Service is the Comptrollers General of Immigration (CGI) whose monthly salary is about N250,000 while the lowest paid is the Passport Officer whose salary is N31,188 per month.
Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Salary for graduates
The average salary for a Nigerian graduate in the Nigeria Immigration service (NIS) is around N150,000 per month, in addition to allowance and other benefits.
Salaries of Fresh Recruit in Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS)
- Immigration Assistant III (IA-3), CONPASS 03, those employed with the SSCE at the Nigeria Immigration Service. Their basic salary is N39,051.55 per month.
- Assistant Inspector of Immigration (AII) COMPASS 06 recruited with NCE or ND get salary of N46,573.33 per month.
- Inspector of Immigration (II) COMPASS 07 which are recruited as professionals (Nurse) are paid N62,633 per month.
- Senior Inspector of Immigration (SII) COMPASS 08 which are recruited with HND certificate at the Nigeria Immigration Service get N114,515 per month.
- Assistant Superintendent of Immigration II (ASI-2) COMPASS 08 which are recruited with University Degree Certificate at the Nigeria Immigration Service are paid N114,515 per month.
- Deputy Superintendent of Immigration (DSI) COMPASS 10 are those recruited as professional Pharmacist take home N130,313 per month.
- Superintendent of Immigration (SI) COMPASS 11, those recruited as professional Doctors at the Nigeria Immigration Service are paid N140,725 every month.
How to join the Nigeria Immigration Service
If you have interest in joining the Nigeria Immigration Service, kindly check out the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment Portal.