Can A Graduate of College of Health Technology Go for NYSC

Many people have been asking us if graduates of College of Health Technology go for National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) programme. The most recent question is, “Will I serve in NYSC after finishing from College of Health or School of Information Management?”

NYSC 2019 Batch B Stream 1 POP Date

Well, there is no direct answer to this question. It depends on the programme you enrolled. We will give you a clear explanation, just pay attention.

Programmes in Colleges of Health Technology

Below are three (3) basic programmes that Colleges of Health Technology run;

  1. Regular National Diploma (ND)

  2. Regular Higher National Diploma (HND)

  3. Certificate (Diploma Courses)

College of Health ND and HND Programmes

Those who are admitted for the ND programme, and later proceed to HND, will be mobilized for the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) programme after graduation.

READ :  NYSC Registration Requirements For Married Women

Follow the following steps to qualify for NYSC;

  1. Get admission to study ND programme at any college of health through Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB).

  2. After gaining admission, ensure you complete a 2-year ND programme.

  3. After your ND programme, go for one year Industrial Training (IT) in any recognized establishment.

  4. Purchase a HND form from the same college or another to get a Higher National Diploma (HND) Certificate.

With a HND Certificate from College of Health, you are eligible to go for NYSC provided you are not over 30 years. See how NYSC Calculate Age Limit for mobilization.

If you don’t want to proceed for HND programme from College of Health, purchase JAMB Direct Entry UTME) form to move over to university to study any related course.

READ :  How To Make Payment on NYSC Portal During Registration

College of Health Certificate (Diploma) Programme

Below is the list of Courses the offer under this programme;

  • Health Assistant,
  • Medical imaging Technician,
  • Pharmacy Technician,
  • Food and Nutrition, etc.

The admission to this programme are usually not through JAMB. And you are not eligible to take part in NYSC if you finished from this programme.

Frankly, only HND and University Bachelor’s Degree (BSc, B.Engr, B.A, etc,) holders can take part in NYSC programme.

So, if you are admitted in College of Health for Certificate course only, you are not eligible to go for NYSC. And you can only proceed to HND or BSc through the JAMB regularization and JAMB Direct Entry, respectively.

READ :  NYSC Registration Passport Requirements

If you really want to go for NYSC, we advise you to go for ND and HND programmes at College of Health Technology.

Note: Not all the College of Health run ND and HND programme. Check out the list of institutions that go for NYSC.

Updated: September 30, 2020 — 7:47 am

1 Comment

Add a Comment

    I believe students need come together to sue the government of this country including States establishing these colleges. I knew it is fraud to establish a school and allowed students to study up to HND and later frustrate them with NYSC.
    I am a victim. After studying up to HND in College of Health Technology Ogbia, Bayelsa State as pioneer and had graduated since 2009, I remain unemployed because of NYSC which students are not allowed to participate. For this school, the only requirement for admission was their entrance exams (written and oral). But the certificate from WAHEB gotten in this school in Nigeria continuously remains a source of frustration to citizen. I used the same certificate in England for masters and there was no complaint however, on my return the same country continued in it’s fraud, refusing me employment.
    I know the antics of NYSC is to frustrate the less privileged. If this is not true, then NYSC should be open to all who had obtained HND, BSc etc.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *