How to do JAMB Regularization for NYSC mobilization

Every year, many graduates of various institutions miss NYSC because they could not be ‘regularized’ by Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB). To avert this unfortunate incident, I write this article to show students, graduates, and Prospective corps members how to do JAMB regularization for NYSC mobilization.

In this article, you’ll learn the meaning of JAMB regularization, how to check if you need to do it, and how to do it.

If this is your first time of hearing about ‘JAMB Regularization’, then after going through this post, you will learn enough to teach others.

What is JAMB Regularization?

JAMB Regularization is also known as ‘JAMB Late Application’, it means to formally and genuinely validate your means of admission through JAMB.

If you don’t understand the definition above, don’t worry! I will break it down again. Just keep reading!

If you get admission into a higher Institution in Nigeria. There are chances that the Institution admitted you without JAMB’s approval as required by the constitution of Federal Republic of Nigeria. This could happen in two ways viz:

  1. You were admitted without JAMB knowledge through part-time, pre-Science, diploma, direct entry and other remedial means.

  2. You wrote UTME, and got an admission from your Institution, but your Institution did not notify JAMB of your admission.

READ ALSO:  How To Communicate Directly with NYSC DG

Whichever way it might be, you need to do JAMB Regularization.

Now, you know what JAMB Regularization means; you should do it as soon as you find out that you need it.

If you need JAMB regularization but do not do it, your application to NYSC will be declined. Below is how to find out if you need JAMB Regularization.

How to check if you need JAMB Regularization

  1. Go to the JAMB official website at

  2. Scroll down to ”Admission Status”

  3. Select the year you wrote UTME

  4. Enter your JAMB Reg. No

  5. Click “Enter”.

Once you click ‘enter’, if you see your admission details, then you need not regularize through JAMB.

But if the message says something like, “Sorry no admission is given yet…”, that means you need to regularize.

Note: If you don’t have JAMB registration number to follow the steps above on how to check if you need JAMB Regularization, then you need JAMB Regularization.

READ ALSO:  How To Check JAMB Regularization Status

How to do JAMB Regularization for NYSC mobilization

If you find out that you need JAMB regularization, follow the step-by-step procedures below to do it;

  1. Go to JAMB website at

  2. Scroll down to select ”Late Application”

  3. This will take you to an Instruction page, after reading it, scroll down to click ”Click here to begin”

  4. Create JAMB profile or Login to your existing JAMB profile account. Note: Transaction ID for this service will be generated and displayed on confirmation page.

  5. Note the Transaction ID displayed in bold red font. A copy of this transaction ID will be sent to your registered e-mail address.

  6. Click “Continue”, if you wish to pay with your ATM card. But if you wish to use other payment options (e.g. Cash at the Bank or Quick teller), the transaction ID will be required.

  7. On the Inter switch Payment page, enter your card details and click on the Pay button. Once done, The status of your payment will be displayed on the “My Payment Section” An SMS and email containing your unique Transaction Identification and payment status will be sent to you after successful payment.

  8. Click “Continue” button. You will be asked to provide ‘Year of Exam’ and ‘JAMB Registration Number’. After you have entered JAMB Reg No and Year of exam correctly, the Regularization application form will be displayed.

  9. Fill the application form correctly

  10. Click “Submit” button to submit your application. After submission, an ‘Indemnity Form’ will be displayed for printing.

  11. Print the ‘Indemnity form, fill and take it to your Institution for approval.

  12. Your Institution will submit the form to JAMB office.

  13. When JAMB receive the approved form, they will upload it to your profile. You will receive a notification when it is done.

  14. JAMB process your application. If Approved, your details will be changed as requested.

READ ALSO:  JAMB Matriculation List - Check Your Name!

AlternativeRegularizationay to Regularize through JAMB

If the above steps is difficult for you to follow, just go to the nearest JAMB office. They will do it for you.

Updated: August 30, 2019 — 2:25 pm

The Author


I'm a webmaster, and an internet entrepreneur by the mind. I graduated from Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka. I 'hanged' my NYSC boots in 2017. I'm presently NYSC info ambassador. Feel free to contact me if you need my assistance.


Add a Comment
  1. Please if cyber cafe replaced someone date of birth from 1989 to 1990 during the time of JAMB regularization, can that person used the later (1990) to process NYSC mobilization form? If he do used, will they be any problem at camp? Thanks.

    1. There will be no problem provided you are not above 30 years

  2. Pls sir can someone who has no Email or Gmail mobilise for service,if not y

    1. Yes, you can be mobilized. But you need to create gmail account during online registration

  3. And please how do I correct my year of birth from jamb result, from 1991 to 1990.

    1. You can change date of birth through NYSC portal CIick here for more information

      1. There was a mistake in my surname during jamb registration (a letter was misplaced with another),I’ve also gotten my Jamb admission name which happens to still have the mistaken surname,please will this affect me during camp registration for NYSC

  4. Hi, If am to do the jamb regularization with my phone, how will I tomb print and face capture.?

    1. Go to Cyber cafe or nearest JAMB office for JAMB Regularization

  5. Good day Humphery i did a jamb regularization and i changed my date of birth there,but my school still mobilized me with my old date of birth will this affect me during NYSC registration and how will i solve the issue???

    1. Go to your school to inform them about the change

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *