Civil Defence Ranks and Salary – In our previous post, we showed you the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) salary structure for graduates (those who joined the commission with University Degree or HND. In this post, we will show you the salaries based on the ranking of the officers.
Is you are among those that keep asking questions like “how much is Civil Defence monthly salary?”. This is your final bus stop, as you will get everything on this page.
Kindly note that the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) is a para-military agency of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. The agency is commissioned to provide security measures against any form of attack or disaster against the nation and its citizenry. The commission is statutorily empowered by Act No. 2 of 2003 and amended by Act 6 of 4th June 2007.
If you are interested in joining the Civil defence force, you may like to check how to join NSCDC.
NSCDC Salary Based on Ranks of Officers
The highest paid in the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) is the Commandant General, whose monthly salary is ₦305,332 and annual salary is ₦2,464,560. While the lowest paid is the Assistant Cadre whose monthly salary is ₦31,188 and annual salary is ₦374,259.
Below are the breakdown of monthly NSCDC salaries according to their ranks:
- Assistant Cadre (Level 3 to 6) – ₦31,188
- Assistant Inspectorate Cadre (level 7) – ₦34,288
- Inspectorate Cadre (Level 8) – ₦47,255
- Assistant Superintendent Cadre II (Level 9) – ₦82,249
- Assistant Superintendent Cadre I (Level 10) – ₦88,035
- Deputy Superintendent Cadre II (Level 11) – ₦95,295
- Superintendent Cadre (Level 12) – ₦104,337
- Chief Superintendent Cadre (Level 13) – ₦104,377
- Assistant Commander (Level 14) – ₦117,121
- Deputy Commander (Level 15) – ₦152,132
- Chief Commander (Level 16) – ₦163,857
- Assistant Commandant General (Level 17) – ₦205,380
- Deputy Commandant General (Level 17) – ₦225,290
- Commandant General (Level 18) – ₦305,332
Note: Salary of NSCDC officers depends on their rank, level and promotions based on the new COMPASS payment scale.
An officer of the NSCDC on level 8 Step 2 (Assistant Superintendent Cadre) salary is around ₦82,249 per month, while for Inspectorate Cadre on level 8 is around ₦47,255.
NSCDC graduates salary
Graduates are usually placed in level 8, while HND holders are placed on level 7. This means that fresh graduates are expected to earn between ₦34,288 and ₦50,000 per month.
Meanwhile, medical doctors are placed on Level 12, while lawyers and those who have a masters degree are being placed on level 9.
If you have any question regarding the NSCDC Salary or recruitment, kindly go to the comment section below.