Do you want to know how much NYSC pays medical Doctors and other corps members in medical related fields? If yes, then you are on the right page. Here you will see the NYSC allowance for medical Doctors, Nurses, and so on.
We all know that the Federal Government (FG) pays every serving Corps member the sum of N19,800 as monthly allowance. So, any other amount added to this figure has nothing to do with FG.
Also, you should know that Doctors and other health Corps members are being paid higher than others.
Now, the question is, who pay them since FG pays equal allowance to all Corps members?
They are paid by either the state govt or hospital where they are serving. It is called Place of Primary Assignment (PPA) allowance.
So, medical Corps members receive juicy state or PPA allowance aside the normal N19800 allowance from FG.
The reason for this is simple. Medical corps members work more and they are exposed to higher risk of contracting deadly diseases.
There are some medical Corps that had have contracted deadly disease in the past. So, they deserve to be treated well.
NYSC allowance for medical doctors who are serving as Corps members
Below is how medical Corps members are being paid;
- Akwa Ibom state (State N31,000, Teaching Hospital N75,000)
- Bayelsa state (¥State N75,000, Federal Medica Centre N89,000)
- Delta state (¥States N82,000 Federal Medica Centre 70,000)
- Borno state (States N100,000 neuro psych N120,000, Teaching Hospital N170,000)
- Kwara state (State N44,000, Teaching Hospital N60,000)
- Ebonyi state (State N15,000 for doctors and N5,000 for pharmacist)
- Anambra State (State N45,000, Teaching Hospital N35,000)
- Oyo state(State N69,000)
- Kwara State (States N44,000 Teaching Hospital N60,000)
- Ondo State (From N90,000 to 100,000*)
- Kano (N66,000)
- Gombe (State N65,000*, Federal university clinic N103,000)
- Ekiti (State N65,000)
- Benue (between N50 and N72,000)
- Imo State (IMO state poly N50,000. Nekede poly N60,000. State facilities N40,000)
- Lagos State (between N25,000 and N75,000)
- Kogi (From N41,000 to N70,000)
- Ogun (between N54,000 and N77,000)
- Jigawa (State N26,800, Dutse GH N40,00, TH N45,000, government clinic N28,000, college of education N85,000, Gumel GH N30,000)
- Kaduna (State from N78,000 and N83,000)
- Sokoto (State N50,000 Barrack N72,000).
- Amount with * means not regularly pay corps members
- ¥ means corps members are not paid monthly but at the end of the service year.
However, the information above is subject to change, and we do not claim 100% accuracy. If you think that any figure is not correct or have changed, kindly let us know in the comment section below.