In this article, we will explain what NYSC revalidation means, and show you how to apply for it.
Every year, the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) mobilises Nigerian graduates who graduated before the age of 30 for National Service. However, not everyone mobilized for service make it to NYSC Orientation camp for one reason or the other.
The NYSC bye law stated that any one who failed to report to camp after being called for service shall be punished. But out of magnanimity, NYSC decided to give every prospective corps member who failed to report to orientation camp a second chance. This second opportunity is called the ‘NYSC revalidation’.
Therefore, NYSC revalidation is a type of online registration for those who have been deployed in a previous NYSC Batch but did not show up in camp.
Who are those that need revalidation?
- Those who failed to report to camp after being deployed in a previous Batch. Or after printing NYSC call up letters.
- Those who their call-up letters are sent to them but they forget to print it. As funn as this may sound, a lot people still fall into this category.
- Those who reported to camp but did not register in camp because they forgot vital documents needed for camp registration.
So, if you call up letter was sent to you but you did not report to camp or you reported to camp but did not register in camp, you need to do NYSC revalidation.
How to do NYSC revalidation
Follow the steps below to do your NYSC revalidation;
1. Go to the NYSC registration portal at portal.nysc.org.ng.
2. Click on active “Mobilization Batch X, 202Y”, as shown below.
3. Click on the green “Revalidation” button.
4. Login with your credentials that you used for registration in a previous Batch.
After you have completed the steps above, follow further instructions to revalidate.
Note: Revalidation is different for Remobilization. Remobilization is meant for those that reported to NYSC and registered in NYSC camp, but later they decamped, expelled or absconded from service.
If you have any question, go to the comment section below.