The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (Operator of the NNPC/SPDC/TEPNG/AGIP Joint Venture) has a long history of scholarship programmes, dating back to the 1950s, and has funded thousands of students, many of whom are corporate, political, and social leaders in Nigeria.
The SPDC JV scholarship programmes are designed to help develop Nigeria’s future talent.
In order to accomplish this goal, the SPDC invites appropriately qualified full-time Nigerian students enrolling in the 2019/2020 academic session to apply for the SPDC JV University scholarship awards objective and to promote academic excellence among young Nigerians, particularly those from less privileged backgrounds.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO APPLY?
The National Merit Award (NM) and the Areas of Operation Merit Award are two types of merit-based scholarships.
- National Merit Award (NM) – Accessible to all Nigerians.
- Areas of Operation Merit Award – For Nigerians who live in SPDC’s operations areas in Abia, Bayelsa, Delta, Imo, and Rivers States.
- Applicants who are eligible must meet the following requirements:
- Be citizens of Nigeria’s Federal Republic
- Be enrolled as full-time undergraduates in a recognised course at a Nigerian university.
- Be in Level 200. (as at December 2020) or have documentation of acceptance into an undergraduate programme for the 2019/2020 academic year
Application Instructions for Shell Petroleum Development Scholarship
- For the sake of correspondence for this application, all applicants must have a valid personal email account.
- Applications for the AFTER programme must be submitted online at Shell’s official website.
- Applicants for the Areas of Operation Merit Award must submit scanned copies of letters of identification that have been stamped and signed by a government-recognized:
- The community’s supreme chief/traditional leader; and the Chairman of the Community Development Committee or Community Executive Council (CDC or CEC)
The letters should be addressed to the following people:
- The Manager
- Social Performance & Social Investment
- The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited, Port Harcourt.
- Each document must be under 200kb in size, including images in JPEG format.
Shell does not require applicants to pay. The application is completely free to use.
Shell does not use representatives or agents to help applicants with their application processing.
The application period begins on August 30th and ends on September 25th, 2021.
Only those who have passed each level of the selection process will be contacted.
To apply, go to the Shell Nigeria website.