If you are thinking about which country is best for you to further your education outside Nigeria, we present Sweden to you. As a close friend of Finland, a country known for having one of the best system of education in the world, you will find Sweden a pleasing country to do your international study. According to statistics, 89% of the entire Swedish population speaks English language, and they provide an excellent education that covers Biology, Engineering and Technology, and Management, Organisation and Leadership. Great, right?
It even becomes better and greater when you consider the free tuition fees and the wonderful and leisure Saunas which offers an interesting destination for all students from across the world. In this article, we will tell you what you should know about getting the Swedish student visa and resident permit in Nigeria in order to make your journey and experience worthwhile.
Steps to take for the Swedish student visa in Nigeria
As a Nigerian seeking to study in Sweden, below is what you have to do to get a student visa that will let you travel to study in Sweden. Note that you have the opportunity to apply for a student visa and resident permit at the same time.
- To apply for the student visa to travel to Sweden, you have to visit the Swedish embassy or consulate in Nigeria, or apply online.
- During the visa application process, you will be required to provide biometrics (photo and fingerprints) for security purpose.
- You will be mandated to attend visa interview at the Swedish embassy in Nigeria
- The Swedish student visa is for a course. This means that, if you want to finish your entire degree programme, you need to renew your visa yearly.
- Should you want to stay beyond your study, you have to apply for a different kind of visa
What is the cost of Swedish student visa in Nigeria?
The cost of Swedish student visa in Nigeria is quite encouragingly cheap. To get the student visa, pay a fee of 1,000 SEK which is equivalent of N47,739.4 in Nigerian currency. This can be paid online, or at any visa application centre.
Documents required to apply for a student visa
- The Swedish government requires you to have at least 8, 190 SEK which is N391, 350. 94 in your bank account.
- You don’t need IETLS.
- No medical test is needed before your arrive at Sweden.
- No need to have a restricted bank account.
For more information you can visit the Swedish immigration website or the website of your university of choice for inquiries.
Be the first to comment