If you intend to travel to Sweden either as a student, tourist or business individual, you will need the Swedish visa to gain legal entry into the European Nation. The visa can be described as the official stamp of approval issued by the Swedish embassy in Nigeria on behalf of the Swedish government, to allow a Nigerian travel to Sweden for good purpose.
The fastest and seamless way to apply for the Swedish visa is to visit any of the Swedish Visa Application Centres in Nigeria. These centres are in Abuja and Lagos and are managed by a partner company called VFS Global.
VFS Global is an authorized partner of the Swedish embassy, and it is given the responsibility of assisting the embassy manage all Swedish visa applications in Nigeria. This option doesn’t require you to be present at, or pay any fees to the Swedish embassy.
Meanwhile, if you do not want to apply through VFS Global, then you will have to go in person to the Embassy of Sweden in Abuja with all required documents. Note that this option may not be as speedy as you would want.
Documents required for applying for a Swedish visa in Nigeria
Below are the required documents;
- A filled and signed application form No. 119031,
- Proof of payment of the visa application fee (for offline applications only),
- International passport with at least three months’ validity and 2 empty pages,
- Proof of medical insurance,
- Evidence of sufficient funds to support your stay (bank statement),
- Proof of funds for the return ticket,
- Evidence of flight reservation
- Parent/guardian consent letter (for minors traveling alone).
How to apply for Swedish visa in Nigeria through VFS Global
(VFS Global helps the Swedish embassy manage visa applications from individuals who do not want to visit the embassy in person)
- Log on to Vfsglobal.com.
- Select your visa type and check your eligibility for the visa type.
- If you are eligible, download, fill and take the application form to the Application Centre with other needed documents for submission.
- Book an appointment (note that submission of your form covers this).
- Download the visa fee form and take it to the Application centre. You will make payment there.
- Submit your completed application form at the centre.
- An email update will be sent to you to confirm the return of your decision to the centre.
- Once a decision has been made about your application, you can collect your passport (go with the receipt issued by the Visa Application Centre with a valid ID card)
VFS Visa Application Centres
Abuja: Swedish Visa Application Centre is at Sterling Bank Plaza, 3rd Floor, Plot 1083 Muhammadu Buhari Way, Central Business District, Abuja.
Lagos: you can visit the Lagos centre at Plot 110, Admiral Ayinla Way, Opposite Treasure Garden Estate, Third Roundabout, Lekki Phase I, Lagos.