4 Ways To Fix ‘Activation Key Not Working’ In Windows 11
The product key aids in the activation of Windows and guarantees that a valid copy is not registered on more devices than are permitted. However numerous people have complained that the Windows product key is broken. It turns out that the 25-character product key is not recognized by Windows 10 or 11. The error message can lead you to believe that the key you now have is no longer valid, but this isn’t necessarily the case. You cannot activate your copy of Windows 11 for a variety of reasons. This article explains how to resolve the issue with the activation key in Windows 11.
If the product key you entered has previously been used on the maximum number of permitted devices, that is one of the most frequent reasons Microsoft will not accept your product key. In this situation, either a fresh copy of Windows 10 or a product key are required. In addition, some users have fallen prey to false or incorrect keys. Several websites make the promise to provide genuine product keys for nothing or at a discounted rate. The steps to fix product key not working in Windows 11 are shown below.
How To Fix Windows 11 Activation Key Not Working In 4 Ways
Use the Command Prompt to Activate Windows
- Make a note of MAK key
- Run Command Prompt as Administrator
- Type the command vbs -ipk and press Enter
- Wait while Windows installs
- After that, type this command: vbs -ato and press Enter to continue
- Close Command Prompt and restart your PC.
Run the Activation Troubleshooter
- Launch the Settings app
- Go to Updates and Security and click Activation
- If you keep seeing the error, you should see the Troubleshoot button
Examine your Internet connection
To activate Windows 11, you need a reliable internet connection. Verify that you are connected to WiFi or the Internet via an Ethernet cable by going to your Network & Internet.
Repair Corrupted System Files
- Open Command Prompt as administrator
- Use the following command and press Enter:
- Reboot your system
- If SFC returned an error, then use the following command lines, pressing Enter after each:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealthDISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealthDISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
That concludes our post on how to fix Windows 11’s activation key not working. Follow the above-mentioned methods if you’re having similar problems and want to know how to fix them.