How To Set up Google Voice On iPhone And Computer
To understand what Google Voice is, consider all of your current phone numbers. Most of you likely have a cellphone number that may be used to contact you by family and friends, and some of you might even use it for business. You might also have a landline in your office if you get a lot of business calls and want to keep your personal and professional lives distinct. How to Set Up Google Voice is the topic of this post.
It can be challenging to remember all of these different speech patterns when you flip between them frequently. Moreover, you can miss certain crucial calls. Google Voice is useful here. In essence, Google Voice is a cloud-based phone service that enables you to use your mobile device in place of a landline. This expands your conversational options. In 2009, VoIP technology was introduced, allowing calls to be sent to several channels.
In contrast to other mobile services, it only functions with the internet. To utilize the Google Voice service, you mostly need a strong internet connection, a microphone, and a speaker. No matter where you are or what device you are using (computer, iPad, or phone), you won’t miss any calls with Google Voice (as long as you have an internet connection).
Set up Google Voice on iPhone
- If you do not already have the Google Voice app, download it from the App Store.
- Once Google recognizes that you are logged in, launch the app and select Continue as.
- To accept the terms, tap “Accept”.
- To find a Google Voice number by city or area code, tap Search.
- Choose your number from the available list.
- If you’re certain you want to utilize your current phone number, tap Next.
- After entering your phone number, click Submit Code.
- Enter the text code you were given.
- Your account will be made available for usage, according to a notice.
- After that, Google notifies you that your account has been added.
- If it’s okay to access your contacts, Google will ask. Tap OK.
- Google requests authorization before sending out notifications. Click the Okay button.
- Google notifies users that all calls made using Google Voice will be recorded and available in the app.
Install Google Voice for Android.
- You can download the Google Voice app to your phone from the Google Play Store if you don’t already have it.
- You may or may not be prompted to select a Google account or sign in to the app.
- Tap “Search” to select a Google Voice phone number. When you call your contacts, select the number you want them to see. By city or area code, you can conduct a search.
- Choose the desired number, and then touch Next to confirm your selection.
- Tap Accept Number if everything seems to be in order.
- You’ll be required to include a number. Add your mobile phone number to your Google account if you haven’t already, then click Submit Code.
- Google Voice desires contact information. This alert requests your consent to proceed. Click the Okay button.
- There will be a list of the people you know.
- You can now use your new Google Voice phone number.
Setup Instructions For Google Voice On A Computer
- To set up Google Voice on a PC, follow these steps:
- Visit the Google Voice website.
- To access it, log in with your Google account.
- Click Proceed after agreeing to the Privacy and Terms of Service disclosures on the screen.
- Search for available phone numbers by city or area code. If you are having trouble finding a decent number, try choosing a nearby city or area code.
- Any number will do.
- To check your phone number, follow the instructions in the dialogue box on the screen.
- To finish setting up, click Finish.