Cable TV uses a Broadband Network, which means that the capacity of the connection is split to transport several signals at various frequencies at the same time. For data networking (Internet access), cable systems generally allot one channel worth of bandwidth. In this post, we will show you how to browse with Dstv decoder.
That means you may connect to the Internet using your HITV, DSTV, CTL, MYSPACE, or other decoder as a modem. You may also connect your laptops and desktops to the Internet at speeds of 6 to 8 megabits per second (Mbps), which is 100 times faster than any dial-up connection, such as Starcomms, Multilinks, and others.
Equipment Required to Browse With Dstv Decoder
- Your Decorder
- Cable Modem.
- Coaxial Cable.
- Rj 45 Internet Cable.
After you’ve gathered all of these materials, you’re ready to use your Decorder to browse for free!
The Connection Procedure
This is the most important step; please take care to follow it, and I am confident that it will work for you as well. Let’s get this party started. Checkout How to Expand Memory Card from 4GB to 128GB
- Link the Coaxial Cable to the Splitter from the Coaxial Port on the back of the Decoder.
- Connect a second Coaxial Cable to the Coaxial Port on the back of the Cable Modem from the other side of the splitter.
- Isn’t that all there is to it? Now that you’ve grasped the gist of it, let’s move on to the browser configuration stage.
Set Up Your Browser to Work with Decoder
Now that we’ve completed 95% of the work, simply setup your browser with the following IP and Port and you’ll be able to surf the internet at an unimaginable 8mbps for free. Open your Mozilla or other browser and configure with this:
HTTP proxy or IP: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Simply choose Auto Detect Proxy and you’re good to go.
That’s it… Good luck! Please remember to use our Share Button, and may God bless us all. You can also read How to Expand Memory Card from 4GB to 128GB
The Benefits of Browsing the Internet with Your Decorator
- Charges for Internet and Cable TV access are included in your monthly membership fees. i.e. You don’t have to pay an extra fee to access the Internet; with your Decorder, you may surf the web 24 hours a day, seven days a week and still pay the same monthly fee to your Cable Network.
- The Internet is really fast; it will undoubtedly blow your mind, just like Swift 4G did for me, and I am loving it.
- Your Cable Stations are unaffected by Internet Access, so you may watch and surf at the same time.
- In comparison to our previous Internet options, where we spend up to N15, 000 per month for a monthly membership and can only use three systems at a time, you may connect it with up to eight laptops/PCs for maximum efficiency and speed.
- You can make good money connecting for others, and you don’t have to be a guru to figure out how to set up a laptop or desktop computer to connect to cable Internet.