Are you a journalist, a student interested in becoming a journalist, or a young journalist? Applications for the 2022 European Commission Youth4Regions Program for journalism students and young journalists are currently being accepted. All successful applicants will get full funding for this program.
The European Commission’s Youth4Regions program assists journalism students and young journalists in learning about what the EU is doing in their region.
The Youth4Regions program of the European Commission is for budding journalists. The initiative aims to assist journalism students and young journalists in learning about what the EU is doing in their area.
The European Commission will cover any fees or costs involved with travelling to Brussels in October, including travel, meals, and lodging. Former participants’ applications will not be considered.
Criteria for Eligibility
- Applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered for the European Commission Youth4Regions Program:
- Applicants must have Interest in what EU regional policy is doing in your region
- Applicants must have a Background in journalism (studies or up to 2 years of experience)
- EU or neighbouring country citizen aged from 18 to 30 years old
- Availability during 8 – 14 October 2022
- Applications from former participants are not accepted.
- Only journalists with up to 2 years of experience (calculated until the moment of the closing of the application period) are eligible.
Countries That Qualify
Albania, Republic of North Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Turkey), potential candidates (Bosnia and Herzegovina, and Kosovo), ENI countries (Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine, Syria, and Tunisia, as well as Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Moldova, and Ukraine), and EFTA countries (Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine, Syria, and Tunisi (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, and Switzerland).
All participants in the program will have the following benefits:
- Trainings on journalism and EU regional policy
- The chance to receive mentorship from established journalists from your country
- Working side by side with renowned journalists during the EU Regions’ Week
- Visits of EU affairs media headquarters and EU institutions
- The unique opportunity to take part as a journalist in European Commission press trips to Member States
- Accommodation, food and travel expenses covered by the European Commission
How To Apply
Interested and qualified applicants for the European Commission Youth4Regions Program for journalism students and young journalists must apply for the program online.
This information was first published on nyscinfo.com. DMCA PROTECTED.