Connect with us


How to get Newspaper Publication for Change of Name

Do you need a newspaper change of name publication in Nigeria? If ‘yes’, this post will guide you on how to get Newspaper publication for change of name in Nigeria. Check out List of Federal Government Free Interest Loans 2021 (See how to apply).

There are many reasons you may want to obtain a newspaper change of name but most people dont know how to go about it or the requirements.

To change your name in Nigeria, you need two important documents:

  1. Court affidavit: You can get this from Court as usually
  2. Newspaper publication: You can get this from newspaper companies.

However, on this page, we will focus on how to obtain newspaper change of name publication. Making a Newspapers publication for change or correction of name is an evidence that have officially changed your name.

It’s not a difficult task getting this documents in Nigeria, meaning that you don’t have to stress yourself or pay unnecessary to get newspaper publication of change of name.

How to obtain newspaper change of name publication

To obtain a newspaper change of name in Nigeria, follow the guide below;

  1. Go to any ‘National newspaper publishing company’ (not private newspaper publishers).

  2. Enter the administration office and tell them what you want.

  3. They will charge you about N5,000 or above to public your old and new name on a page of their newspaper as a prove of change of name.

  4. It takes about 4 days to get your name published or some times, may take about one to two weeks, as the case may be.

List of approved National Newspaper to Apply for Change of Name

All of the newspaper companies below are approved national newspapers;

  • Thisday
  • Punch
  • New Telegraph
  • Leadership
  • Vanguard
  • National Mirror
  • And few others

Do you have any question to ask or contribution to make? Go the comment section below. Please, don’t forget to share this information.

How To Correct Your Name On National Identity Card

Guide on how to Apply for Free Business Name Registration with CAC

Share this post

Continue Reading
You may also like...


  1. Akintoye Adeshina


    I need a change of name for bank issue

  2. Adebimpe Nimotalahi Omowunmi


    Please l need newspaper publication for correct of my name in bank account

  3. Olaseinde tinuola


    I have already change my name years back, how do I get the newspaper of that year

  4. Timi


    You can do your change of name through a very easy website.

    • Jackson


      Thanks for the information

  5. Miracle


    I already changed my name years back, how do i obtain the newspaper of that day

  6. Derek


    i need a news paper publication for correction of name for bank

    • Okay, just follow the procedures on this page.

      • Comfort


        Hi I need new paper publication for change of ID card nane

  7. Ayeni Deborah Olufunke


    I need a publication of correction of name for my bank. Thanks

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

More in Others


Recent Posts

Subscribe to Our Newsletter

Enter your email address to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 9,336 other subscribers
To Top