The Nigerian Customs is a paramilitary organization that is responsible for the inspection, certification and levying of goods that are imported into Nigeria through the air, water and across Nigerian borders. If you want to join the Nigerian customs to serve your country, we advise you to read this article carefully for guide on how to join Nigerian Customs this year. Meanwhile, this guide is particularly designed for Nigerian graduates who intend to join the Nigerian Customs Service.
Before you proceed to apply for recruitment, there are many important things that you need to know to allow you to have a successful application as a graduate. Yearly, over 5000 Nigerians are recruited into the Nigerian Customs. Also check how to join Nigerian DSS/SSS.
General requirements for joining the Nigerian Customs
- Applicants must be a citizen of Nigeria,
- Male applicants must not be less than 1.7 meters in height, while female applicants must not be less than 1.64 meters in height,
- Have an expanded chest measurement of not less than 0.87 meters,
- You must not have any physical or mental disability,
- Be debt free. You must not be found to owe any bank in loans,
- You must be of good character and must not have been convicted of any crime,
- Provide a certificate of state and local government of origin,
- Female applicant must not be pregnant
- You must be between 18 and 25 years for CONSOL 3, 4 and 6, and age 18-28 for CONSOL 7 and CONSOL 8.
How to Join Nigerian Customs As A Graduate
Different positions are advertised for Nigerian graduates every year. If you meet the requirements for qualification, you can proceed to apply for any position of your choice. You can follow the application procedures below if you want to join the Customs:
1) Visit the Nigerian Customs portal on www.vacancy.customs.gov.ng.
2) Create an account on the website.
3) Go back to your email box and verify your the account.
4) Fill in the application form with all the details required on the form.
5) Scan all your academic credentials and upload appropriately on the portal.
6) Your NYSC discharge certificate is very important in this instance.
7) Ensure that the email address supplied is valid and accessible. *Click Here to join Nigerian Police Force (NPF).
Available positions for graduates in the Nigerian Customs Service
• Superintendent Cadre
• Inspectorate Cadre
• Assistant Cadre,
How much is the salary of a custom officer?
On average, a custom officer is paid around N80,000 monthly. Aside their basic salaries, there are allowances that you can enjoy, which gives you far more than your salary. For more, read our article on the *salary structure of the Nigerian Customs officers.