The Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) was created in 1964 to train officers for the armed forces of Nigeria. Kaduna NDA is a military university that train officers of the Nigerian Army, Navy and Air Force. In this post, we will show you how to join Nigerian defence academy and the requirements.
Unlike conventional universities, NDA combines military training and normal academic training to ensure their graduates are not only academically sound but also equipped with appropriate military skills needed for smooth running of Nigeria Armed Forces.
The institution never start as a university until in 1985 when it began to offer undergraduate courses to military officers in training. Now, NDA offers both MSc and PhD programs.
Duration of training at NDA
The duration of training at Nigerian Defence Academy is 5 years. Four (4) years is for academic studies, and one (1) year is for military training.
Requirements for joining NDA
- Nigerian Defence Academy does not accept awaiting results, and SSCE must not be more than 5 years from the date of issuance.
- A minimum of 5 credit passes including mathematics and English language in SSCE, at not more than two sittings.
- Minimum of 180 in UTME(JAMB) on appropriate subjects combination.
- Applicants must be between the age of 17 and 21 years.
- Must not be less than 1.68 metres in height for male and 1.58 metres height for female.
- Must be physically and mentally fit.
- Applicants must have a good moral behavior.
- Must not be married and without any legal obligation to support any child or other individuals.
How to join Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA).
Below are steps to join Nigerian Defence Academy:
- Visit official NDA application portal at https://rcapplications.nda.edu.ng
Proceed to create an account.
After creating an account, login and select ‘Pay Online’. Application costs N3,500
Payment can either be made online st the portal or via REMITA.
After successful payment, fill the application form and upload your documents as required.
Note: During physical verification, go along with all the documents that you uploaded online.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for screening exercise.
Documents needed for NDA screening
Below are documents to bring to the screening test centre;
- Online registration print out slip (Acknowledgement slip),
Screening test admission card,
JAMB result slip and 2 passport photographs.
Note: Only successful candidates at the NDA Screening test shall be offered provisional admission.
Other jobs you may like to apply
- Nigeria Police Force (NPF) Recruitment
- EFCC Recruitment
- N-power Recruitment
- Spacial Public Works (SPW) Recruitment
- How to Apply for NALDA Recruitment
List of notable officers that graduated from Nigerian Defence Academy
Below is the list of few popular officers that are alumni of NDA;
- Muhammadu Buhari (President of Nigeria and former Military Head of State)
- Tukur Yusuf Buratai (Chief of Army Staff, Nigerian Army)
- Azubuike Ihejirika (former Chief of Army Staff)
- Abdulrahman Bello Dambazau (former Chief of Army Staff)
- Ibok-Ete Ekwe Ibas (Chief of Naval Staff, Nigerian Navy)
- Victor Malu (former Chief of Army Staff)
- Maxwell Khobe (former ECOMOG Peacekeeping Force Commander and Chief of Defence Staff, Sierra Leone)
- Alexander Ogomudia (former Chief of Defence Staff & Chief of Army Staff)
- Owoye Andrew Azazi (former Chief of Defence Staff & Chief of Army Staff)
- Sambo Dasuki (Former National Security Adviser)
- Oladipo Diya (former Chief of Defence Staff)