The National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) has devised a means through which Nigerians can enrol for National ID card online wherever they are. Now, the question is, do you want to apply for National ID Card online? If ‘yes’, this post will guide you on how to register for National ID Card online.
There are two ways this can be done;
- Pre-enrolment (online)
- Enrolment (online)
We will give you a guide on how to go about each of the two available options. If you have enroled for National ID Card, see how how to get your National ID Card through NIMC mobile app.
NIMC Online Pre-enrolment
This process involves applicants visiting the official NIMC Pre-enrolment portal. Follow the steps below;
- Visit NIMC official pre-enrolment portal,
Fill in your data in sign up section,
Click on ‘Create’ button,
Prints out a summary sheet that has 2D Barcode.
Proceed to NIMC closest centre with the printed slip to complete your registration.
NOTE: Pre-enrolment is just an initial stage in the enrolment process.
NIMC Online Enrolment
This involves downloading and completing the enrolment form. So, instead of filling the online pre-enrolment form, you can download the Enrolment Form. Follow the steps below;
- Download NIMC online enrolment form. See sample below;
- Print out the enrolment form.
Fill the form,
Proceed to the NIMC nearest enrolment Centre for biometrics capturing.
After biometrics capturing, the National Identification Number (NIN) will be issued to you.
When you visit NIMC enrolment center, below is what will happen;
- They will enter your data on their system and ask you to verify or confirm the enrolment data on the system.
- They will take headshot photograph, capture your fingerprints and signature.
- Your supporting documents scanned.
- NIN enrolment slip and acknowledged slips will be generated and given to you. See USSD code to check your NIN with your phone.
WARNING: Do not enrol more than once as this may put you into trouble.
Hope you find this post useful? Please share with friends.