Buying stocks used to be done through a paper application, which meant that anyone interested in purchasing a public offer had to identify a physical addresses of stockbrokers in Nigeria.
Buying shares and other securities is now done digitally, and the application is completed online. One of the ways technology has transformed the way anyone may invest on the move without difficulty is the recent news about the sale of MTN Shares in Nigeria.
To acquire shares in Nigeria, you’ll require a Nigerian stockbroker who has been approved by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the country’s capital market regulator.
Apart from being recognized by SEC Nigeria, stockbrokers must also have a certificate of incorporation from CAC and be a member of the Nigerian Stock Exchange, presently known as Nigerian Exchange Limited (NGX Exchange), the company that created PrimaryOffer App.
Who exactly is a stockbroker?
A stockbroker is a licensed individual or corporation whose business it is to purchase and sell stocks and shares for clients who want to invest. A commission is usually charged by a stockbroker for a job well done.
The Securities and Exchange Commission regulates stockbrokers’ operations in Nigeria (SEC). The Securities and Exchange Commission of Nigeria (SEC Nigeria) has the legal authority to revoke the certificate of any stock brokerage firm that has engaged in any questionable behavior or manipulation.
Nigerian stockbrokers who have been approved
The leading stock brokers in Nigeria are listed here, with the majority of them having their business headquarters in Lagos, Nigeria’s commercial metropolis.
We’ve also included the stock brokerage companies’ official websites and email addresses in this list.
- Chapel Hill Denham Securities Limited
- Foresight Securities & Investment Limited
- Chartwell Securities Limited
- City Code Trust & Invest Company Limited
Compass Investments & Securities Limited
- FIS Securities Limited
- Cowry Securities Limited
- APT Securities & Funds Limited
- Coronation Securities Limited
- DLM Securities Limited
- Arthur Stevens Asset Management Limited
- Crossworld Securities Limited
- Associated Asset Managers Limited
- De-Lords Securities Limited
- Centre Point Investment Limited
- DSU Brokerage Services Limited
- Dunbell Securities Limited
- Ava Securities Limited
- Core Securities Limited
- Dominion Trust Limited Not available
- Dynamic Portfolio Limited
- Crown Capital Limited May 8, 2002
- CSL Stockbrokers Limited
- Apel Asset Limited
- Atlass Portfolio Limited
- ARM Securities Limited
- Supra Commercial Trust Company Limited
- The Bridge Securities Limited
- Tiddo Securities Limited
- Tomil Trust Limited
- Absa Securities Nigeria Limited
- Edgefield Capital Management Limited
- Century Securities Limited
- Calyx Securities Limited
- Belfry Investment & Securities Limited
- Anchoria Investment & Securities Limited
- Afrinvest Securities Limited
- Bauchi Investment Corporation Securities Limited
- Camry Securities Limited
- Citi Investment Capital Limited
Bestworth Assets & Trust Limited
- Capital Assets Limited
- Forthright Securities & Investments Limited
- Cordros Securities Limited
- Stanbic IBTC Stockbrokers Limited
- Fortress Capital Limited
The preceding list is intended to make it easier for Nigerians to purchase stock through a stockbroker. They can assist investors with establishing a CSCS account.
Most of the organizations listed above are online stockbrokers who value technology, which means you can quickly open an account on their website from the comfort of your own home.