International and DACA students enrolled in universities that MPOWER supports receive the scholarships each year. This scholarship program has been purposefully made to be as inclusive as possible to better reflect the inclusive, diverse experiences of international students.
MPOWER is of the opinion that they are doing more than merely increasing access to higher education. Additionally, they are producing graduates that are multilingual, culturally competent, and have an eye on the world’s most pressing issues in business, public policy, and science. They established the MPOWER Global Citizen Scholarship to honor the exceptional potential of these youngsters.
- Applicant must be accepted at, or enrolled in, a full-time degree program at a U.S. or Canadian school that MPOWER supports, and
- Be an international student allowed to legally study in the U.S. or Canada, as applicable:
- For study in the U.S., this means that the applicant meets one of these criteria:
- Has a valid visa that permits study in the U.S.
- Is protected under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)
- Is a U.S. permanent resident (Green Card holder)
- For study in Canada, this means the applicant meets one of these criteria:
- Is a Canadian permanent resident
- Has a valid Canadian study permit
- Grand Prize: $10,000
- Runner-Up: $2,000
- Honorable Mention: $2,000
- Winners will be selected based solely on their essay submission. MPOWER will select winners based on:
- The quality of the applicant’s essay; the essay should demonstrate clarity of thought, a compelling goals and vision, and superior communication skills in English;
- The extent to which there is a clear nexus between the applicant’s intended field of study and his/her goals and aspirations; and
- The applicant’s potential as a scientist, entrepreneur, leader, and/or change-maker who will make a positive impact.
How To Apply
Candidates that meet the requirements should apply at MPOWER Financing at www.mpowerfinancing.com.
This information was first published on nyscinfo.com. DMCA PROTECTED.