In this guide, you will learn how to apply for Nigerian Immigration Service (NIS) recruitment in 2021 and the requirements. Read carefully as we take you through the processes and requirements.
Of all jobs, the Federal Government jobs are the best; for it offers its employees benefits; ranging from attractive and regular remuneration, adequate promotions, proper welfarism and suitable work experience. This is more reasons why job seekers prefer federal jobs to others.
From Independent National Electoral Commission, National Inland Revenue Service, Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation,
Nigeria Custom Service, to mention a few are federal jobs that people in their tons demand so much to work with because of the above mentioned benefits. But the limitedness of vacancies have always denied them the opportunity of getting jobs in these organizations.
The Nigeria Immigration Service as one of the agencies or organizations of the Federal Government is saddled with the responsibilities on migration and immigration. It’s always one of the focus of many because it is highly rewarding with huge salary.
The agency, for long has commenced the use of online registration for prospective applicants. It also this online portal that applicants will access having be been shortlisted for immigration job, before getting invitation for computer based test (CBT) screening test or assessment.
Requirements for Nigerian Immigrants job
Applicants must meet the following requirements;
- You must be a holder of SSCE/ NECO/ GCE O/Level with a minimum of four credit in not less that two sittings.
- Applications must have a HND (Higher national Diploma) Or Bacherlor’s Degree from a reputable Institution.
- Every applicant must have the NYSC Certificate.
- The Nigerian immigration vacancy is strictly for the Nationals.
- Possession of National Identity Number (NIN) is required from all the applicants.
- Applicants must not be a drug dependant and be certified free after drug test.
- Medical Fitness report certificate from a recognized government hospital in Nigeri is required.
- Applicants must not belong to any secret cult/society.
- Must not be convict or ex-convict of any crime whether minor or major.
- The NIS application is mainly for ages within 18 – 30 years, with the exception of pharmacists and doctors who must not be more than 35years.
- Chest measurement of 0.87m above for men
- Females height (1.60m) and men (1.65m).
- Computer literacy.
- Any certificate, either rejected or unannounced in the recruitment centre would not be accepted after the recruitment.
Aside graduate positions, there are other jobs positions within the Nigerian immigrations services that its requirements are less. But the eligibility for the Senior Inspector of Immigration (SII), remains HND or a Bachelor’s degree.
Applicants’ for the Nigerian Immigrations Service employment with these underlisted challenges or disabilities need not to apply.
• Gross malformation of teeth
• Knocked Knees
• Flat foot
• Impediment in speech
• Limb legs
• Defective eyesight
• Amputation of any part of the body
• Impaired hearing
• Bent arms
• Hunched back.
• Women with pregnancy
How To Apply For Nigerian Immigrations Recruitment Online
Since the mode of application for the Nigeria Immigration Service is online, below are self-explanatory guide to registering on the agency’s website;
Visit the NIS Officials Website. [No active registration for 2021 yet!]
Navigate through website and click on Immigration recruitment link.
Click on the ‘Apply’ link on the NIS portal
Go through and understand all the registration instructions, then proceed to the registration.
After registration which is the first step, log into the NIS portal and fill in the necessary details required in the application form.
Upload the required documents on the NIS portal. Be mindful of the passport size and colour.
Click the ‘Send’ button for Submission
Print out the registration slip.