NYSC Requirements for Documentation of Relocated Corps members

The National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) allows Corps members to apply for relocation or redeployment to a choice state. Upon the relocation approval, corps members are to go for documentation at the NYSC secretariat in the relocated state. Here we will show you the NYSC requirements for documentation of relocated corps members.

Before that, kindly note that NYSC can only grant your relocation if based on the following grounds;

  • Health: for those who have chronic ailments that need serious medical attention.
  • Marriage: for married female corps members that need to be close to their husband.
  • Security: for corps members who are serving in states where their lives are threatened by terrorists, herdsmen, and bandits.

Relocation can be applied at orientation camp, NYSC office or online portal.

If your relocation is approved, ensure you print out your relocation letter and proceed to the new state. You are expected to report at the NYSC secretariat in the new state with a specified period.

NYSC requirements for documentation of relocated corps members

Go to the NYSC secretariat in the new state with the following documents;

  1. Relocation approval letter: this is a letter from NYSC showing that a corps member has been granted relocation to a particular state. See how to how to check your NYSC relocation status and how to print it out.

  2. Call up letter (photocopy): this is a letter that NYSC sent to you calling you for service.

  3. Statement of Result (photocopy): This is the official notification of your Degree or HND issued to you by institution of graduation.

  4. Passport Photograph: a small photograph of your face. They background should be red, off-white or white.

  5. Photocopy of Physical Verification Clearance (Foreign Graduates only)

Guide on how to apply for NYSC relocation online

  • Visit NYSC portal at portal.nysc.gov.ng
  • Login to your dashboard with email and password (same as the ones you used during registration on the portal)
  • Click on “Relocation” button
  • Fill in your details in the space

To follow NYSC updates, click [maxbutton id=”10″ ] to get started.

6 thoughts on “NYSC Requirements for Documentation of Relocated Corps members”

  1. Adebayo damilola timileyin

    I submitted my NYSC relocation letter last week Tuesday at NYSC secretariat ogun state, but my state code as not change to ogun state code from Benue state code and as a result of this, I haven’t do my documentation.What do I do?

  2. Edem Larry Thompson

    Pls help on how to get clearance from state cordinator after being relocated to another state.

  3. Edem Larry Thompson

    Pls help!
    I applied for relocation from Jigawa to Ogun state and it has been approved but my dashboard is showing me congratulations,your relocation has been approved ,however you’re to get clearance from your state cordinator. How do I get the clearance?

  4. Pls is documentation on hold because,I ve nt recevied any msg on wen to come for my documentation, mine was approved since 19th of august. Wat shud I do?

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top