The Peace Corps of Nigeria (PCN) was created to maintain peace and social order within Nigeria. In this post, we will show you how to apply for Peace Corps of Nigeria recruitment – requirements & other vital information.
The Peace Corps of Nigeria motto is ‘Discipline and Patriotic Services’ showing unity, peace, youth development, amongst others. Before we show you how to apply for Peace Corps of Nigeria and the requirements, let’s tell you little about the scheme.
About Peace Corps of Nigeria
Peace Corps of Nigeria is a uniformed non-governmental organization which was created in 1998 by a youth activist, Dr Dickson A.O. Akoh. with a mandate to facilitate peace, volunteerism, community services, neighbourhood watch and nations building by empowering and provide gainful employment for the youths.
The organization is fully registered in Nigeria with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) under the Companies and Allied Matters Act of 1990. However, the Peace Corps of Nigeria is recognized by the Federal Government, through the Ministry of Youth Development.
Currently, the Peace Corps of Nigeria has about 113,822 permanent staff officers and over 78,247 volunteers with a state command in all the 36 states of Nigeria and FCT.
Peace Corps of Nigeria recruitment requirements
Interested applications must meet the following requirements;
- Must be a Nigerian citizen by birth.
- Applicants must be between the age of 18 and 35 years.
- Must be physically and mentally fit.
- Applicants must not belong to any secret cult or clandestine.
- Must have a good character.
- You must free from the following medical conditions; Eye defects, Ear detects Pregnant (women), Previous major operation, Flat foot. Fracture, Stammering or any other physical disability.
How to Apply for Peace Corps of Nigeria recruitment
Note: There is NO ACTIVE recruitment at peace corps of Nigeria. Once they begin recruitment, we will update this page, so check back!