A Visa is a provisional government authorization granted by a territory to a visitor, allowing them to enter, remain within, or to leave that territory. Here we will guide you through the South African Visa Application, and the requirements.
Also, a Visa clearly shows the duration of the foreigner’s stay, areas within the country he may enter, the dates of his entry, individual’s right to employment and the number of visits permitted by the consular of the country. Also check out: how to apply for Canadian Visa.
This authorization granted for the allowance of a foreigner to enter another territory different from his country can, however, be withdrawn or revoked if the individual has been charged for criminal act, declared wanted, infectious health condition, etc.
It is expedient to let prospective applicants know that the South African Visas have types designed for various purposes and the processing period for each varies. Also check out: how to apply for France Visa in Nigeria.
Types of South African Visas
- Visit visa
- Business Visa
- Work Visa
- Medical Visa
- Study Visa
- Relative’s Visa
- Exchange Visa
- Retired Person’s Visa
As the processing period for each of the above Visas vary, so are the validity, ranging from years, three months (90 days), one month and less.
The various South African Visas are subdivided into two broad types:
- Short term
- Long term
South African Visa Applicants
Applicants of South African Visa must be able to find out if:
- His country is among the visa-exempt countries. Visa free countries are South Korean, Spain, Italy, Germany, Hong Kong, Singapore, The United States, UK, France and Portugal and 42 other countries.
- His country is on a visa ban.
Requirements for South African visa application
- A passport or travel document which validity remains 30 days after the expiration of your intending visit.
- One or two blank or unused pages for entry/exit (departure) endorsements.
- A fully filled Form BI-84 (application for a visa).
- Payment of the required fee.
- Certificate of result of yellow-fever vaccination (if required).
- Documents finding out the duration of your visit and its purpose.
- Two coloured passport photographs
- If you have children (minors) travelling with you, you need to provide complete birth certificate, Proof of guardianship or custody or
- Guardian’s consent in the case of an unaccompanied minor
- Evidence of financial source to foot the bills while staying in the country in the form of:
• Statements of account, salary advances Undertakings by the applicant in South Africa, Bursary Medical cover or
• Available Cash in the form of credit cards and travellers’ cheques.
South African entering requirements for applicants
Below are essentials if visiting South Africa:
- A valid and acceptable passport or travel document for your intended stay
- One or two blank pages in your passport for endorsements
- A valid visa, if required Sufficient funds to pay for your daily expenditure throughout your stay
- A return or onward ticket </li>
- Proof of yellow-fever (certificate) test if your journey involves passing countries where there is this disease.
South African Visa Application Process
Below are the steps to follow for a successful South African visa application;
It expected of the applicant to appear in person for the submission of their applications at the VFS South Africa Visa Application centers
Clear copies of the following: original documents, previous visas, and two clear copies of a passport data page be made
Complete the visa application form. Short and long-term visa application form can be downloaded on the website.
Your visa application fee and services fee be paid in CASH to the bank counter at the Visa Application Center.
Applicant could come with the application form and the required documents to the application centre.
Be the first to comment