In this article, we are going to unveil the list of top 10 richest gospel singers (artists) in Nigeria and their net worth. This is important because most of the time, whenever we talk about making money in the music industry, our mind usually go to Hip-pop, rap, R&B, Blues etc without knowing that Gospel singers also make money. Gospel music make great impact in our world today unlike in the olden days where gospel musicians swim in the rivers of poverty. To cut it short, Gospel singers are among the richest musicians in the world today, and many of them are making their money in millions. However, in this article, we will be showing the top 10 richest gospel musicians in Nigeria and their net worth.
- 1 List of Top 10 Richest Gospel Singers In Nigeria and their Net Worth
- 1.1 1. Sammie Okposo – Estimated Net worth is $750,000.
- 1.2 2. Frank Ugochukwu Edwards – Estimated Net worth is $600,000.
- 1.3 3. Nathaniel Bassey – Estimated Net worth is $500,000.
- 1.4 4. Osinachi Joseph Kalu – Estimated Net worth is $450,000.
- 1.5 5. Nikki Laoye – Estimated Net worth is $420,000.
- 1.6 6. Emmanuel Benjamin (Eben) – Estimated Net worth is $350,000.
- 1.7 7. Gozie Okeke and Njideka Okeke Gozie – Estimated Net is $320,000.
- 1.8 8. Tope Alabi – Estimated Net worth is $300,000.
- 1.9 9. Lara George – Estimated Net worth is $300,000.
- 1.10 10. Yinka Ayefele – Estimated Net worth is $270,000.
- 2 Top 10 Richest Gospel Singers In Nigeria and their Net Worth
List of Top 10 Richest Gospel Singers In Nigeria and their Net Worth
1. Sammie Okposo – Estimated Net worth is $750,000.
Sammie Okposo was born in Delta State, Nigeria on 30th May, 1971. He is the award winning of Nigerian gospel artist. He is the CEO of Zamar Entertainment, and also a music producer.
Sammie became popular in the music industry in 2000 when he released the album titled, “Unconditional Love.” He makes his money mostly from live gospel music shows, selling of albums and music production.
2. Frank Ugochukwu Edwards – Estimated Net worth is $600,000.
Frank Edwards also known as Frank Richboy was born in Enugu state, Nigeria on the 22nd of July 1989. He began singing as a poor boy sharing room with his friend in Enugu until he sang a song that caught the interest of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome which catapulted him to where he is today. Frank plays many musical instruments in church and he is a member of the Presidential band of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome. He is a also a music producer.
Frank is loved by many Nigerians for his high pitched voice.
Frank is the founder and CEO of Rocktown Records.
3. Nathaniel Bassey – Estimated Net worth is $500,000.
Nathaniel Bassey was born in Lagos, Nigeria in the year 1978. Though he was born in Lagos state, his state of origin is Akwa-Ibom state.
Nathaniel Bassey is well known for handling the trumpet. Nathaniel’s debut album titled, ‘Elohim’ was recorded and mixed in South Africa in 2008.
4. Osinachi Joseph Kalu – Estimated Net worth is $450,000.
Osinachi Joseph is popularly known as Sinach. She was born 30th of March 1973 in Lagos, but she is from Ebonyi State. She is a Gospel singer and songwriter. She is a senior worship leader at Christ Embassy. Sinach began her music career in 1989 while in Christ Embassy Church as a chorister. Some of her popular songs include: ‘I Know Who I Am’, ‘Way Maker’ etc
5. Nikki Laoye – Estimated Net worth is $420,000.
Nikki Laoye was born in Lagos on the 19th of December 1980.
Nikki is a renowned Nigerian Gospel singer and songwriter. She is well known for her eclectic musical expressions.
She won the Best Female Vocal Performance at Headies Award in 2013.
Nikki makes most of her money from Gospel shows and selling of albums.
6. Emmanuel Benjamin (Eben) – Estimated Net worth is $350,000.
Emmanuel Benjamin, popularly known as Eben.
Eben started singing in 1997 as a Youth Choir in Winners Chapel, he became popular after releasing his hit track titled, ‘Imarawa’.
Eben joined Christ Embassy in 2006, and grew under the mentor-ship of Pastor Chis Oyakhilome. Eben is the founder of Hammer House Ventures, a business venture. He is also the founder of record label called Hammer House of Rock.
7. Gozie Okeke and Njideka Okeke Gozie – Estimated Net is $320,000.
These couples are very popular in Nigeria. They have won several awards since they started their gospel music career. They became popular in the music world when their first hit album called ‘Aka-ncha-wa’ was released. Njideka herself is a lead vocalist. Though the couples had some clash when rumors went round in 2009 that Gozie Okeke was gay, the wife joined Nollywood film against her husband’s wish but in 2014, they reconciled and become happily married again.
8. Tope Alabi – Estimated Net worth is $300,000.
Tope Alabi is one of the top 10 richest gospel singers in Nigeria.
Tope Alabi was a member of the Jesters International Comedy group before she delves into Gospel music. She has also acted in Nollywood film in the Yoruba genre. It is worthy to note that had composed about 350 soundtracks for various Yoruba movies.
Tope makes most of her money from Yoruba movie soundtrack production, shows selling of albums and as well as endorsement deals with companies.
9. Lara George – Estimated Net worth is $300,000.
Lara George used to be a member of the successful 3 girls group known as “Kush” which included TY Bello, Dapo and Emem Ema before deciding to go solo. Her debut album titled, ‘Forever in my heart’ brought her to the limelight of the gospel world and this got her different awards. Some of the Awards added to her credit are Best Female Vocalist at the Crystal Award,Trailblazer of the Year at the 2013 Africa Gospel Music Awards, Best African Female Gospel Artiste at the 2012 Gospel Music Awards and so on.
10. Yinka Ayefele – Estimated Net worth is $270,000.
Yinka is one of the richest gospel musicians in Nigeria. He was born on the 1st February, 1968. Yinka began his music career in 1997. His first album titled ‘Bitter Experience’ was released in 1998 which catapulted him to world recognition.
Top 10 Richest Gospel Singers In Nigeria and their Net Worth
- Sammie Okposo – Net worth of $750,000.
- Frank Edwards – Net worth of $600,000.
- Nathaniel Bassey – Net worth of $500,000.
- Sinachi – Net worth of $450,000.
- Nikki Laoye – Net worth of $420,000.
- Eben – Net worth of $350,000.
- Gozie & Njideka Okeke – Net worth of $320,000.
- Tope Alabi – Net worth of $300,000.
- Lara George – Net worth of $300,000.
- Yinka Ayefele – Net worth of $270,000.