The United Bank of Africa (UBA) welcomes entries for the 2021 National Essay Competition (NEC), which is a part of the UBA Foundation’s education project. the project aims to promote literacy and healthy intellectual competition among senior secondary school students in Nigeria and across Africa. This article will show you how to apply for UBA Foundation National Essay competition.
- 1 UBA Foundation Information
- 2 UBA Foundation National Essay Competition’s Goals and Benefits
- 3 UBA Foundation Essay Competition Requirements
- 4 UBA Foundation Essay Competition Interview Dates, Process, and Location
- 5 Required Documents for the Application
- 6 How to Apply for the National Essay Competition
- 7 Related
UBA Foundation Information
United Bank for Africa (UBA) Plc, headquartered in Nigeria, is a significant pan-African financial services business. With operations in 20 African countries and offices in three global financial centres: London, Paris, and New York, it is one of Africa’s best and most resilient banking groups. UBA has over 14 million clients worldwide and over 1,000 business offices and customer touch points. Since 1949, when it was known as the British and French Bank Limited, UBA has been operating in Africa (BFB) On February 23, 1961, it established as a limited liability corporation, taking over BFB’s assets and obligations. With the business combination with Standard Trust Bank (STB) Plc in 2005, it completed one of the largest mergers in the history of Nigeria’s capital markets. Ghana, Benin Republic, Côte d’Ivoire, Burkina Faso, Guinea, Chad, Cameroon, Kenya, Gabon, Tanzania, Zambia, Uganda, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Mozambique, Senegal, Congo DR, Congo Brazzaville, and Mali were among the countries it expanded to.
UBA Foundation National Essay Competition’s Goals and Benefits
- The first prize winner will get a N3, 000,000 education scholarship to be used at any African university.
- The second-place winner will get a N2, 500,000 education grant to be used at any African university.
- The third-place winner will get a N2, 000,000 education scholarship to be used at any African university.
UBA Foundation Essay Competition Requirements
- You must be a senior secondary school student.
- A handwritten essay is required to be submitted (750 words MAX)
UBA Foundation Essay Competition Interview Dates, Process, and Location
- The competition’s entries will be judged by a distinguished team of judges comprised of professors from reputable Nigerian universities, who will select 12 essays for further evaluation.
- Following that, the 12 finalists will compete in a second phase of competition in which they will produce a second superior essay, from which three best essays will be chosen as the overall winners from the 12 finalists.
Required Documents for the Application
- A passport photo must be sent.
- A copy of a birth certificate, a national ID card, or a passport must be submitted.
How to Apply for the National Essay Competition
To apply, go to www.ubagroup.com and search for UBA Foundation.
All entries that are incomplete or duplicated will be disqualified.
Click here for additional information.