Birmingham has a proud heritage of removing barriers to education to enable the most academically talented students to fulfil their potential in learning and education.
In keeping with this tradition we are proud to be launching the Global Masters Scholarship to attract and support the most academically talented international students from across the world to our Masters degrees.
About University of Birmingham
The University of Birmingham (informally Birmingham University) is a public research university located in Edgbaston, Birmingham, United Kingdom. It received its royal charter in 1900 as a successor to Queen’s College, Birmingham (founded in 1828 as the Birmingham School of Medicine and Surgery) and Mason Science College (established in 1875 by Sir Josiah Mason), making it the first English civic or ‘red brick’ university to receive its own royal charter. It is a founding member of both the Russell Group of British research universities and the international network of research.
Benefits of Global Masters Scholarship
Approximately 30 scholarships will be awarded with a value of up to £2 000 GBP. This award will be deducted from the total tuition fees owed by each successful scholar.
Requirements for Global Masters Scholarship Qualification
All taught Masters programmes are eligible for this scholarship, with the exception of programmes in the Birmingham Business School, for which there are separate MSc and MBA scholarships on offer.
In order to be eligible, candidates must meet the following requirements. Candidates must:
- Have applied for, and receive an offer of admission for, a taught Masters degree at the University of Birmingham UK campus, to study in the 2023/24 academic year.
- Be classed as ‘domiciled’ in one of the selected countries. Please see the list below.
- Be classed by the University as an overseas fee payer for tuition fee purposes.
- Start your studies at the University in September/ October 2023 on a full-time course delivered at the University’s UK campus.
As an example, the minimum equivalent grade requirement in the US, India, Nigeria and China are as follows:
- 3.5 out of 4.0 and above in the US GPA system.
- 70% in the Indian grading system
- 3.5 (out of 4.0) or 4.5 (out of 5.0) or 6.2 (out of 7.0) in the Nigerian grading system
- 85% grade awarded by a top tier Chinese University, 90% grade awarded by a mid-tier Chinese University
Students in receipt of a full scholarship or sponsorship covering full tuition fees from an alternative internal or external source are also not eligible for this scholarship. Those with other partial awards may be able to conjoin this scholarship with other scholarships.
How to Apply
This scholarship will be automatically offered to applicants who meet the criteria outlined above.
To accept the scholarship, you will need to formally accept the offer you receive from the University’s Admissions Office, by the deadline stated on your offer. You can do this via the postgraduate portal on https://pga.bham.ac.uk/.
To fully secure the scholarship, you will also be required to pay the standard £2,000 (GBP) admissions deposit by the deadline set by the Admissions Office in your offer letter. (For the purposes of this scholarship selection process, your deposit must be paid by 31 August 23:59 UK time/ GMT+1).
For more details, visit University Of Birmingham website on https://www.birmingham.ac.uk/international/students/global-masters-scholarships-2023-24.aspx