The WVL project is a five-year project funded by Global Affairs Canada. The project is aimed at tackling the barriers to gender equality and supporting the empowerment of women and girls through the provision of technical and financial resources to local feminist/women’s rights organizations (LWROs) that are advancing the rights of women and girls and championing gender equality.
The WVL Nigeria Strategic Innovation Fund (SIF) is a small grant designed to support innovative ideas and initiatives addressing women and girls’ rights issues from feminist organizations and/or women’s rights organizations or movements in Nigeria. The funding opportunity targets innovative ideas which can serve as a catalyst for new ways of doing things towards achieving gender equality and or women and girls enjoying their rights.
About ActionAid Nigeria
ActionAid Nigeria is a member of ActionAid global federation. We maintain a strong relationship of interdependence and mutual accountability within the international federation, ensuring a strong balance between self-rule and shared-rule. Although we started operation in Nigeria in 1999 as a Country Programme of ActionAid International, we have transformed into an autonomous national organisation registered with the Nigerian Corporate Affairs Commission. We also have a partnership agreement with the National Planning Commission of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Benefits of ActionAid Nigeria WVL Nigeria Project Strategic Innovation Fund
- Grant range – NGN1,000,000 to NGN2,500,000, and must be implemented within a 6-month to 1-year period.
Requirements for ActionAid Nigeria WVL Nigeria Project Strategic Innovation Fund Qualification
- Only women-led and women-focused organizations will be considered for this application.
- Only 1 application per organization will be considered.
- Only shortlisted organizations will be contacted due to the volume of applications that may be received. However, all applications will be acknowledged through an automated email that requires No Reply from applicants. Kindly note that this does not amount to being pre-selected.
- The initial shortlist may also not amount to being signed onto this project, as AAN will conduct due diligence before awarding the grant.
- ActionAid Nigeria will not be responsible for any cost you may incur during the development of the Concept Note.
- AAN guidance on SHEA, Anticorruption, Terrorism, and Conflict will apply in this process.
LWROs means women-led and focused organizations including those working on advancing girls’ rights in Nigeria.
How to Apply
If you are interested, kindly submit your innovation idea using the attached Concept Note templates on or before 11:59pm, 22nd July 2023 to [email protected]. Note that the template is expandable but ensure you stay within a 5–7-page limit.
For more details, visit ActionAid Nigeria website on http://nigeria.actionaid.org/jobs/2023/womens-voice-and-leadership-nigeria-project-wvl-nigeria-project-strategic-innovation-fund