The Youth in Agri-Food Export Development Program (YAEDP) 2022 is now accepting applications. Nourishing Africa has established the Youth in Agri-Food Export Development Initiative (YAEDP), a six-month program aiming to enhance the capacity of 15,000 Nigerian youth aged 25 to 40 to participate in the export industry, in collaboration with the Nigerian Export Promotion Council (NEPC) and Riby.
The initiative would empower entrepreneurs and co-operative leaders in the Nigerian agri-food sector with training, market connections, and digital support. Cocoa, Spices, Sesame, Shea butter, Cashew, Cassava, Soybean, Rubber, and Ginger are among the value chains where the YAEDP is accepting applications from agrifood entrepreneurs and cooperative leaders.
Participants must be willing to commit to the training component of the program for at least 3 hours per week for 6–8 weeks if selected. The training will be conducted totally online and will make use of digital channels and media.
About Youth in Agri-food Export Development Program (YAEDP)
Entrepreneurs may use the Nourishing Africa Hub to expedite their work, connect with funders, markets, and talent, and celebrate their triumphs on the continent. Data, money, expertise, e-learning, African food and chefs, career possibilities, and other resources are available on the platform to help businesses scale their influence.
We’re experts at resolving issues. We stay on top of the newest industry trends, technology, and opportunities, and we offer ground-breaking solutions to our members and partners.
Diversity, inclusivity, communal ingenuity, and shared prosperity are all values we hold dear. We aggressively engage stakeholders that share our beliefs and adhere to the same standards in order to implement programs and develop solutions that will improve Africa’s agricultural landscape.
Qualification Requirements for YAEDP Agrifood Entrepreneurs
- Open to Nigerian agribusiness entrepreneurs and agro-cooperative leaders aged 25 to 40 who want to export their products.
- The businesses of applicants must be located in one of the country’s priority states: Abia, Adamawa, Cross River, Edo, FCT, Kano, Kaduna, Kogi, Lagos, Ogun, and Oyo.
- In the priority value chains, applicants must produce and/or sell food goods.
- The company has to have been in existence for at least a year.
- The YAEDP strives to be inclusive, thus applications from women and underrepresented youth, such as those with disabilities, are particularly encouraged.
How to Apply
If you’re interested and qualified, please fill out the form below.
To apply, go to the Youth in Agri-Food Export Development Program (YAEDP) website.
Applications must be completed in one sitting, and they cannot be saved to be completed later. Any applications that have been submitted cannot be changed.
Click here for additional information.