Through the Eastern and Southern Africa (ESA) Regional Center, which is sponsored by Addis Ababa University (AAU), the World Bank Group and the Government of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia have launched the Africa Center of Excellence for Water Management (ACEWM) .
The curriculum is a full-time program using lectures, seminars, and field-based studies as teaching methods. In addition, video conferences and technology-enhanced learning methodologies can be used to teach. English is the medium of instruction throughout the program.
Criteria for Eligibility
- On a 4.0 scale, all applicants’ undergraduate cumulative GPA must be at least 2.75 for males and 2.50 for females.
- Applicants who received their degree/diploma from a university outside of Ethiopia must get a degree/diploma equivalent from the Ethiopian Higher Education Relevance and Quality Agency (HERQA) before being admitted.
- (During admission, the authentication of academic documents by the appropriate office is required.)
- Applicants must have an adequate command of the English language and be able to demonstrate their proficiency.
- M.Sc. applicants must be under 30 years old at the time of application.
- The Graduate Admission Test (GAT) (http://www.aau.edu.et/blog/announcement- -graduate-admission-test-gat/) is required of all applicants.
- Applicants must also meet the general requirements set forth by Addis Ababa University’s School of Graduate Studies (www.aau.edu.et)
Required Documents for the Application
- A cover page with the applicant’s entire name as it appears on their ID/Passport, complete contact information, including residential and postal addresses, email, and phone number (s).
- A copy of ID/Passport,
- Detailed curriculum vitae not exceeding 4 pages,
- Authenticated copies of previous degrees and official transcripts from previous university/college,
- Applicants should be willing to undertake their full-time research in Ethiopia.
- A personal statement/motivation letter describing the candidate’s interest to join the program not exceeding 500 words,
- Employed applicants must provide a letter of full commitment from their employers that they will be granted study leave.
- Certificate of professional experience if there is any,
- Three letters of recommendation from instructors/supervisors from previous educational institutions, organizations,
- Certificate of professional experience if there is any
- ACEWM will provide a limited number full scholarships for competent applicants: A monthly stipend of 500 USD(Equivalent amount paid in ETB). The stipend includes accommodation.
- ACEWM will have a modest funding to support the research projects of all applicants.
- ACEWM encourages applicants with their own funding.
How To Apply
To apply, go to Africa Center of Excellence for Water Management (ACEWM).
Both of the following contacts must get an electronic copy of the application documents in English and in a single PDF document:
Dr. Beteley Tekola, Deputy Head, ACEWM, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Mr. Netsanet Assefa, Student Affairs Officer, ACEWM, E-mail: email@example.com
Only those who have been shortlisted will be contacted through email.
This information was first published on nyscinfo.com. DMCA PROTECTED.