If you are an African researcher reading this article right now, you are on the right page. This post is about the ongoing Africa Research Excellence Fund Fellowship Programme 2021/2022. We will show you how you can apply to become an AREF fellow.
Application Deadline: 23rd September 2021 Time: 11:59 GMT
Qualified and eligible African researchers are invited to apply for the Africa Research Excellence Fund (AREF) Research Development Fellowship program, which helped African academics working on major human health concerns in Africa. The initiative aims to help African researchers who are emerging leaders and working on a variety of health issues improve their skills as modern researchers.
Africa Research Excellence Fund Fellowship 2021/22 Information
The fellowship program offers three to nine months placement at a prestigious research institution in Africa or Europe. It will also give the researchers additional support at their home organization, with up to a maximum of £40,000, both before and after their placement. Applicants are advised to seize the opportunity and apply before the deadline.
- Applicants must be citizens of a Sub-Saharan African country and be living in Africa at the time of application.
- Applicants should seek support from an African institution that meets the requirements for an employing institution and certifies that it plans to hire you locally.
- Non-clinical applicants must have earned a PhD or an equivalent postgraduate degree from a recognized institution of higher education within the last six years. If you don’t already have a PhD, you’ll need to show proof that you’ll be examined for a PhD/DPh by September 2021, according to a recognized examining institution.
- Clinically eligible candidates with a PhD/DPh/MD may have earned their doctoral degree from a reputable university or college. Applicants who are clinically qualified but do not have a doctorate may apply. They must hold a research-relevant Master’s degree and have a minimum of two and a maximum of seven years of active research experience.
- Candidates must confirm that their Hiring and Potential Host Organizations (sponsors) are aware of the AREF Fellowship’s goals, how AREF will compensate them, and what their responsibilities are if they accept an award.
How to Apply?
Before the application deadline, applicants must complete and submit the application form. Applicants are required to read understand the application instructions for the candidates. Click on this link to apply for the African Research Fund Fellowship 2021/2022.