Apply: 2023 ECOWAS WASIG Scholarship For African Students
The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) with the WAIGF Team is pleased to announce the call for application for the first West African School on Internet Governance (WASIG) to be held from 22 – 24 May 2023 in Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire (Hybrid)
Applicants are kindly requested to complete the application form below and Deadline for submission of applications is 31st March, 2023.
The school is designed as a three (3) day intensive learning program in order to introduce participants to Internet governance (IG) from both a global and West African viewpoint. The format will feature participation in the Policy and Regulation Initiative for Digital Africa’s (PRIDA) virtual training platform and fireside chats with subject-matter specialists. Participants who successfully finish the training will receive certificates. The program’s primary subject areas include:
- Evolution of the Internet and the history of Internet Governance
- Mapping of Internet Governance processes and actors
- Classifications of Internet Governance issues (infrastructure, legal, economic and development) from African contexts
- In-depth analysis of opportunities and challenges of emerging issues (cybersecurity, digital economy, human rights) from the West African context
- A practical exercise on a key Internet Governance issue affecting West Africa
ECOWAS WASIG Scholarship Benefits
- Certificates will be issued to participants who successfully complete the training.
ECOWAS WASIG Scholarship Requirements
Stakeholders from West Africa are invited to apply. Prospective candidates should ideally be involved as key actors or decision-makers in Internet governance or ICT policy processes. They should also be able to contribute now or soon to IG activities or/and processes within their institutions, countries, continent and globally.
Candidates should be from all stakeholder groups including:
- Youth and Women groups
- Civil society
- Private Sector
- Government offices and Regulatory agencies
- Security and Defence forces
- Academia and technical community
- Archives, Libraries, and Documentation centers
- West African regional institutions, etc
Women and youth are particularly encouraged to apply.
[maxbutton id=”13″ url=”https://waigf.org/waigf/application.php” text=”CLICK HERE TO APPLY” ]