Are you a citizen of Africa working to address and resolve governance and development issues throughout the continent? Do you have what it takes to make democratic processes more effective? Then submit an application for the African Union Civic Technology Fund.
The Fund is a pan-African competition aimed towards accelerating innovative civic ICT initiatives with the potential to lead to citizen-led transformational action across Africa. Each proposal will get financial support ranging from EUR 10,000 to EUR 20,000.
Details On The African Union Civic Tech Fund 2022
The Civic Tech Fund will offer a variety of support packages, including financial assistance (ranging from EUR 10,000 to EUR 20,000 per recipient), technical assistance (via the engagement of civic tech specialists), thematic assistance, marketing, communication, and showcasing assistance, and peer-to-peer learning and networking.
Criteria for Eligibility
Applicants must satisfy the following criteria to be considered for the African Union Civic Tech Fund:
- Must be both non-profit and for-profit organizations operating in the civic space and civic technology ecosystem.
- An African Union Member State must register the organization as a legal body.
- A service contract agreement must be signed.
- The company must not be insolvent.
- A judgment for fraud, corruption, involvement in a criminal organization, or any other illegal behavior must not have been entered against the organization.
- The organization must not have obtained a negative audit opinion from its own auditors or from the auditors of its donors.
- The organization must be able to show that the intervention funded by the Fund will be sustained.
- The organization can already demonstrate the effect of their work and how extra funding will help them achieve greater impact.
How to Apply
By the application deadline, interested and qualifying organizations for the African Union Civic Tech Fund must fill out an online application form. Only submissions submitted using the online application form will be taken into account.
The deadline for applications is January 16, 2022.
Please contact us for additional information: For further information about Civic Technology Fund, go to the official website.