The social media is mostly popular for bringing people from diverse locations, far and near, to converge and interact on a single platform. But beyond, this is also an opportunity to make huge money. In the present day, YouTube is one of the social media platforms through which you can make cool money by creating and uploading exciting and educative content into it. Here we will take you through beginners’ guide to make money on YouTube. Also see how I made 2million from WhatsApp within six months.
Apart from direct advertising, there are several other ways you can monetize your YouTube channel and earn money from the platform. In this post, we will teach you how to make money from YouTube in Nigeria or other part of the world.
This post is all about how you can monetize your video contents on YouTube to start making money from it.
4 Rules to Monetize YouTube videos
To earn money from your YouTube channel through Google AdSense monetization program, there are four (4) rules to respect, and they are:
- You must have up to 1,000 subscribers on your YouTube channel
- Your uploaded videos must have generated up to 4,000 Watch Time hours over the last 12 months.
- You comply with all Google’s policies and guidelines.
- You have your AdSense account set up.
How to make money with YouTube channel
Below are ways you can make money from your YouTube videos;
1. AdSense Monetization
Google AdSense monetization program allows you to get paid when ads are displayed either at the beginning, middle or end of your video. While this can bring you a lot of money, you need to fulfil the minimum requirement for your channel to be connected to Google AdSense.
A Quick Guide to Monetize Your YouTube Channel
Monetizing your YouTube channel can create an additional revenue stream for you. Here is how to monetize your YouTube channel;
- Create an Account with YouTube, and Join YouTube Partner Program
- Look for the monetization tab in YouTube Studio. Kindly note that the option will appear only when you meet the minimum requirements.
- Setup a Google AdSense Account.
Follow these steps to activate monetization:
- Visit youtube.com to sign in to your YouTube channel with your gmail
- Select my “My Channel” option at the top right-hand corner of your screen
- Click on YouTube studio
- Find “Create Studio Classic”
- Click on channel
- Move to status and feature and activate (enable) the monetization box
- Once this is done, you can submit your videos for approval.
2. YouTube Affiliate Marketing
Affiliate marketing is about assisting companies to sell their products on their behalves. You can simply choose a company and sell their products via your videos and get a commission on sales, according to the terms of your contract.
Sponsorship on YouTube comes from advertising a company’s product for a fee, as stated in your agreement. Sponsorship on YouTube put you in a position to make more money because you do not have to give a percentage cut like is obtainable in ads. The more popular your channel gets, the more attractive you become to brands.
To get sponsorship, do the following:
- Look for brands that align with your audience
- Write an attractive proposal to them and state what they stand to gain
- Upon acceptance, you will be contacted
- Fulfil your agreed contractual obligations
4. Sell your products
This is the most interesting part of the discussion. Understand your audience and their needs. Then look for a product that matches their needs and begin to sell it. This way, you will make so much money.