The CcHUB Cybersecurity Academy 2021 is now accepting applications. The CcHUB Cybersecurity Academy is a centre dedicated to honing raw, technical cybersecurity skills. The purpose is to develop professionals who are ready to enter the corporate world as engineers or technical founders, as well as to assist them in obtaining work with clients both inside and outside of Africa, and to assist them in establishing their own cybersecurity businesses.
The threat and attack risks increase as more Africans and African firms participate in the digital economy, providing more opportunities for bad actors and cybercriminals to get involved. Cybercrime costs Africa $3.5 billion per year, with the cost expected to rise to $5 billion by 2022.
Despite the massive market for cybercriminals and the current technical talent surge across the continent, led by Nigeria, Kenya, and Egypt, the cybersecurity sector still has a large employability gap. This isn’t due to a scarcity of cybersecurity professionals.
There is a greater need for competent cybersecurity specialists in Africa than certified professionals can supply. One of the main causes for the continent’s rising and successful cyberattack rates is this gap. The CcHUB Cybersecurity Academy can help with this.
About Co-Creation Hub
CcHUB is Nigeria’s first open living lab and pre-incubation facility, meant to be a multi-functional, multi-purpose venue where creative social tech companies can be catalysed. The HUB is a collaborative space in and around Lagos for engineers, social entrepreneurs, government, tech businesses, impact investors, and hackers to co-create novel solutions to Nigeria’s myriad social challenges.
Co-Creation Hub Cybersecurity Academy’s Goals and Benefits
Get taught in the following domains by top corporate Business and Cybersecurity professionals on the continent:
- Threat Intelligence on the Cloud
- Vulnerability Management and Pentesting
- Personal Branding and Communication
- Ecosystem of Startups and Innovation
- To validate their technical/theoretical expertise, get a 1-3 month paid internship in a core cybersecurity/business context.
- Get assistance with tools, materials, and other resources.
- Gain access to a pipeline where they will be suggested and collaborate with Co-Creation Hub’s partners, clients, and subsidiaries all over Africa.
Qualification Requirements for CcHUB Cybersecurity Academy 2021
- Only Nigerians and Kenyans are eligible to apply
- Applicants must be freelance technical skills that have self-taught themselves cybersecurity and are interested in becoming one of the following:
- Employees at the workplace
- Famous freelancers and contractors
- Founders of cybersecurity startups
How to Apply for CcHUB Cybersecurity Academy 2021
Are you both interested and qualified? To apply, go to cchub.typeform.com.
Click here for additional information.