The application portal for the Click-on Kaduna Data Science Fellowship Programme 2023 will open on July 1, 2023. Interested applicants should apply using the URL provided below.
The Kaduna Bureau of Statistics’ Click-On Kaduna Data Science Fellowship Programme is a Digital Skills and Development Programme targeted at training data management professionals. In Kaduna State, a total of 100 young people will be trained in Data Science and the use of new tools to better public policy and decision making.
The Data Science Fellowship Programme is an initiative of the Kaduna State Government, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, and the Natview Foundation for Technology Innovation.
The Programme is expected to last for a 6month period divided into a 3-months intensive training programme and a 3-months paid internship, where participants would have an opportunity to work closely with the Amina J. Mohammed SDGs Data Lab under the Kaduna State Bureau of Statistics.
Fellows will also be posted to MDAs especially the State Ministry of Health and Other Agencies to support in data coordinating efforts that will provide impact to society.
Participants of the programme will benefit from the following:
a) A chance to upgrade your skills and develop a career in the most sought after industry in the world.
b) An opportunity to work with a team of public policy experts, Data Analysts to contribute to development planning, public policy, and use of data for evidence based decision making in the Health Sector.
c) 6 months fully paid internship programme with industry leaders and stakeholders within the health sector.
d) Model data using Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning tools within the Amina J. Mohammed SDGs Data Lab.
e) Build a sustainable network within the Data Science Ecosystem.
1) Age: 18yrs — 35yrs except for exceptional cases
2) Location: The State of residence must be in Kaduna
3) Academic Qualifications: Graduate of Tertiary Institutions in any of the STEMS courses particularly: Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, Physical Sciences, and any other health related discipline. Undergraduates within the STEM fields identified who are doing their 6months to 1 year Internships are also encouraged to apply.
4) Competency Level: We are looking for people with the following skills:
- Basic Computer Knowledge
- Basic Knowledge around using Data & Understanding of Microsoft Excel
- Problem Solving Skills
- Communication Skills(Written and Verbal English)
5) Gender: 50% gender balancing and distribution will be considered during selection process.
Application Closing Date:not specified
How To Apply
Step 1: Interested Applicants should visit this link https://www.datascience.click-onkaduna.ng/apply-now to Fill and Submit the application form .
Step 2: You will receive an email with an activation link
Step 3: Click the activation link to activate your profile
Step 4: Create a new password then Login to your profile
Step 5: Write an easy of not more than 250 words. Why you should be selected for the programme, and Upload a valid means of identification (i.e Voters card, National ID Card, Driver’s License or International Passport) NB: Image type should be .jpg
Step 6: Upload a video of not more than 2 minutes telling us what make you stand out
Step 7: You will get a confirmation status of your application
Step 8: If successful, then you will be contacted to take a Computer Based Test
Step 9: If successful, then you will be contacted to attend a One on One Interview with the Selection Panel.
Step 10: Join the Second Cohort for the Fellowship Programme
For more information, visit the Click on Kaduna program portal on https://lms.click-onkaduna.ng/