The DSN Internship Program is a component of our pledge to develop one million AI talent in the next ten years. With the help of this program, young African talent will be trained, equipped, and given the chance to develop into world-class AI professionals who work in academia, industry, or as start-up entrepreneurs.
Young talent can flourish in the DSN Internship Program’s environment of practical knowledge and outstanding motivation for progress. Here are a few advantages of the program:
- Learn through a structured curriculum on geospatial AI, Natural Language Processing, AI for social good, and Data science applications
- Participate in writing a minimum of 4 high-quality research papers that can be published at world-class AI conferences
- Access to participate in industry-level projects
- Access to global mentors to accelerate your chosen career field.
- Participation in the DSN community as a knowledge source for our extensive network of young data scientists
- Participate in writing a minimum of 4 high-quality research papers that can be published at world-class AI conferences.
To be considered for the internship, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a university, or equivalent tertiary institution, or be a university graduate.
- Be a registered member of the Data Science Nigeria AI+ Community with an AI membership ID.
- Be between the ages of 18 and 35 years of age;
- Students enrolled in first-degree programs should have completed two years of full-time study. Students pursuing postgraduate studies should be completing their degrees and wish to gain experience at DSN.
- We don’t anticipate you to be an authority in any subject. This opportunity is not, however, for complete beginners. For exceptional people who have selected the subjects of research, data science, and artificial intelligence and have mastered the fundamentals, there is a program called DSN Internship.
The following are some of the competencies required of potential interns:
- Python programming
- Data Science and Data Analysis
- Microsoft Office Proficiency
- Other Skills, such as communication and project management
DSN On-Site Internship Benefits
You can join a top-notch research, innovation, and artificial intelligence team that has received numerous prestigious prizes by participating in this internship. Additionally, you get to join a learning organization that is home to the largest Data Science/AI learning community in Africa and offers specialized programs that will speed up your professional development.
Hence you should look forward to;
- Joining a World-class team
- Be part of Africa’s Largest AI community of learners
- Work on Industry Level Projects that will impact people’s lives directly and positively
- Get access to world-class learning opportunities and mentorship
How To Apply
Go to Data Science Nigeria (DSN) on bit.ly to apply
- The first step to indicate your interest is by filling the application form and submission of your CV. It is essential to note that you will be required to have mastered the fundamentals of python programming. You should be able to perform the necessary daily tasks of a beginner-level data scientist.
- In order to verify your python programming skills, all applicants will be sent a link to complete an online Python code-based project. Applicants must ensure to make their submission on or before the specified closing date. Please note that all submitted codes will be validated.
- The best submissions will be selected for a physical session at the AI Hub, Yaba, where the applicant will be given an academic paper to read and summarise. The assessment will focus on problem-solving, writing, knowledge synthesis, and presentation skills.
- This is more of a conversation than a typical ‘interview’ – the interviewers want to get to know you better. Feel free to show your true colours and what you are passionate about. Prepare a few questions to ask to show your curiosity and interest. Dress appropriately and neatly.
Please be aware that you will be contacted at each level to let you know exactly where you belong, whether you succeed or fail.