Flinders University Mavis Brown Scholarship 2023
This scholarship has been created in Mavis Haydon’s memory. Mavis Haydon understood and appreciated the potential of education throughout her life. She was well aware that many gifted young people still lack the financial resources to get a degree at a university. Mavis Haydon aimed to correct this inequity by establishing a perpetual charitable trust to support University scholarships in her will.
Benefits of Flinders University Mavis Brown Scholarship
Each scholarship will be worth $5,000 per year, given out in equal installments following each semester’s census date. The amount of scholarships will depend on the funds that is available. The maximum support for each student will depend on the typical course length, up to a maximum of six years.
Flinders University Mavis Brown Scholarship Courses
Requirements for Flinders University Mavis Brown Scholarship Qualification
Scholarship applicants must:
- Be Australian citizens; and
- Be commencing a coursework degree in the field of medicine, law or engineering; and
- Be able to demonstrate financial need; and
- Normally be a resident of South Australia; and
- Normally be enrolled full-time at Flinders University.
Submissions from part-time students with mitigating circumstances that prevent them from pursuing their studies full-time will be accepted (e.g. disabilities, carer responsibilities). Pro-rata payments will be made to part-time recipients.
Flinders University Mavis Brown Scholarship Interview date, Process & Venue
The scholarship will be awarded taking consideration of:
- The extent to which the scholarship will assist the student’s education; and.
- Academic merit based on applicant’s entry score into the course in accordance with approved University procedures
- The student’s demonstrated commitment to their chosen field of study
The trustees of the Mavis Brown Charitable Trust will appoint a member of the general public, together with a representation from each of the colleges of business, government, and law, science, and medicine and public health.CLICK HERE TO APPLY